COLOR: red, pink, green, orange, yellow, brown, black
APPEARANCE: transparent or semi-transparent crystal, often small and faceted, large mat pieces
SOURCE: Around the world
CHEMICAL FORMULA: There are two main groups
1. The first group:
pyrope Mg3Al2 (SiO4) 3
almandin Fe3Al2 (SiO4) 3
spessartine Mn3Al2 (SiO4) 3: It is vary rare and its very fragile. It was rarely used for making jewelry.
2. The second group:
Andradite Ca3Fe2 (SiO4) 3
uvarovite Ca3Cr2 (SiO4) 3: One of the rarest minerals from the group. Particularly rare in a light green color.
grossular Ca3Al2 (SiO4) 3: It has a varieties of colors from black, brown, green, gray, yellow, orange, pink to white or colorless.
- Garnet signifies love and fidelity. The one who wears it attracts the love, invulnerability and good mood. Garnet is the stone that energizes and regenerates. Refines and complements the chakras energy. Revitalizes, purifies and balances the energy, brings serenity or passion. People say that it is able to warn of oncoming danger. Garnet is one of the most prolific stones. There are several forms in accordance with their mineral base, each of which has different properties, in addition to general characteristics.
- Garnet inspires love and commitment. It balances the sex drive and eliminates negative disharmony. Red garnet stimulates the growth of kundalini energy and sexual potency. This is the stone of dedication. Garnet is a crystal that is good to have it by yourself in times of a crisis. Useful in situations where there seems to be no way out. Activates survival instinct, brings courage and hope. It turns crisis into a challenge.
- Garnet is strongly associated with the pituitary gland and stimulates an expanded consciousness and helps you remember your previous lives. Garnet activates other crystals, amplifying their effects. It cleans negative energy from the chakras. It is written that square cropped grenades brings luck in business.
Psychologically, garnet sharpens the perception of people who wears it. Decomposes bad behavior models and overcomes the unconscious resistance. Mentally, helps people to relax and removes useless or old ideas. Emotionally, garnet removes inhibitions and taboos. It opens the heart and gives confidence.
HEALING EFFECTS – Garnet regenerates the body. It stimulates the metabolism. Garnet leaflets the cell disorders and disorders of the spine, purifies, it enriches the blood supply, the heart and lungs, and regenerates DNA .It helps in absorption of minerals and vitamins. Activates the entire body. Elixir of grenade strengthens the liver and spleen and is used for skin diseases.
POSITIONING AND USE – earlobes, fingers or over the heart. Wear it in contact with skin. Put on the skin wherever suits for treatment. For remembering past lives put it on the third eye.
INTERESTING FACTS –
- The name comes from the Latin word granum which means grain bar.
- According to myth, the garnet illuminated Noah’s bark day and night, during rain and black nights.
- It was worn by the Crusaders, who believed that the stone will help them to find their way home.
- In the Middle Ages almadinski garnet is used as jewelry, as well as in churches and temples (windows).
- In Italy it is called “widow’s stone”, as necklaces and hair pins from grenades wore widow.
- In the East, the most popular and and oldest talisman.
- In Indian mythology, this is the stone identified with the so-called Kundalini fire – the fire of eternal change.
- Buddhists consider it as a sacred stone that gives knowledge and invigorates the soul.
- It has been used as a talisman against insect pests, diseases and as protection against lightning. In the past, deep red garnet was one of the most popular semi-precious stone among wizards. They believed that the jewelry from it protects from all evil.
- Horoscope: Aries, Scorpio