- Mutable signs are Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo and Gemini . Changeable houses are the third, the sixth, the ninth and the twelfth house. Every one of these signs signifies the end of a season and a passage onto the next.
- The mutable signs have in common the connection with change; these signs adjust very well to changes. They also try to understand changes, to analyze and comprehend new circumstances in order to adjust better to them. Therefore, flexibility is an important characteristic of these signs, which, in many cases, can be an important factor in achieving better understanding and cooperation with people that they already know or are starting to get to know. They tend to keep an open mind and to understand their environment better. They also try to accept and understand the ones they do not agree with, without being prejudiced.
- The persons born in these signs are very adaptive, even in the situations that seem stalemate. They may also be very successful in acquiring knowledge and in perfecting or improving their capabilities.
- The fixed signs are: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Fixated houses are the second, the fifth, the eighth and the eleventh. Taurus signifies the middle part of the spring (or the middle part of the fall in the southern hemisphere), Leo the middle of the summer (middle winter in the southern hemisphere), Scorpio signifies the middle fall (middle spring in the south), and the Aquarius signifies the middle part of the winter (middle summer in the southern hemisphere.)
- Endurance is considered to be the major characteristic of the fixed signs. These signs are connected with stability and decisiveness, as well as with stubbornness. They often have a lot of self-confidence and they endeavor to make their wishes and plans come through. They dislike when an unexpected situation, which they are not prepared for, put success in question. They approach things in an original manner, which they consider to be better than others, which creates danger to make mistakes in their actions without being prepared enough for changing their approaches, attitudes, methods or behavior.
- These signs are not exactly too happy when they feel big changes in the near future, but upon these events they try to adjust as much as possible and to maintain the new environment by resisting further changes. Therefore, members of these signs exert significant resistance towards changes they feel will be unfavorable to them, but they consolidate well, accept the change and its good sides, but are having a hard time accepting that changing is a perpetual process which does not and at once.
- The cardinal signs are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Cardinal houses are the first, the fourth, the seventh and the tenth (these houses have crucial effect in the natal chart of every person).
- One of the most important characteristics of the cardinal signs is initiation, coming of something new in the place of the old. Every one of these sign signifies the beginning of a season in their respective order. In addition, the cardinal signs signify east, west, north and south.
- Cardinal signs have in common that they all are initiators, often ready for new enterprises (they are blessed with good organizational skills), they have a wish to lead, to initiate events, to make numerous new plans, and to make them happen.