The Natal Saturn – Sun aspects reflect the relationship between the boundaries, responsibilities commitments with natural, spontaneous development of the Self. These two planets are not as contradictory as they may seem at first sight. The reason is indispensable to human life. Saturn is the conscience of the Self. In other words, it is the need for reflection, analysis, caution. Certain aspects of the Sun will highlight Saturn’s character of pessimistic imposition and rejection. Above all, the Sun and Saturn have in common the principle of authority. This principle is associated with willpower and power. See also the interpretations for Saturn in the Houses and Sun in the Houses to see what specific parts of your life this aspect will take place in.
Statement that represents the Natal Saturn – Sun aspects: Development of the Self
Saturn is our severe teacher who is able to ruthlessly examine our maturity. It is not only the despot but also the archetype of the sage who uses pain as a means to get our attention on what we should focus on. On the other hand, the Sun symbolizes a personal identity. It shows areas where we should learn to be independent, where we should fulfill our potential. Traditional astrologers believe that any Saturn – Sun aspect in a woman’s natal chart means that her husband would be steadfast, prosperous, and industrious. Below is Natal Saturn – Sun aspects interpretation.
Saturn conjunct Sun
- Typical features that this conjunction brings: Saturn conjunction Sun in the birth chart represents an overload regarding authority. This Natal Saturn – Sun aspects are excellent support for ambitions, and for success obtained with rational tenacity. This is a rather sober aspect. Sun conjunct Saturn natal gives a serious nature. As children, your expressions of ego were thwarted, which led to some self-consciousness regarding self-expression. You were painfully aware that what you wanted, you didn’t always get. You do not feel comfortable as the center of attention. Also, you feel the need to control your impulses. It is easy for you to assume responsibility for more than most. Eventually, you carve your own identity. There is a strong need to be recognized as accomplished. You can be very hard on yourself. Your face is generally serious, and you have a sarcastic sense of humor. Above all, you are not the types to jump up and down and dramatize. You are not afraid of responsibility. The best thing about this aspect is that the serious and reserved expression characteristic gradually relaxes with time. The Natal Saturn – Sun aspects people loosen up with maturity. Also, conservatism shows up in your personality and belief systems. With age often comes great achievements and recognition as a stable and respectable authority figure.
- Positive traits: Above all, you have self-discipline and you are a hard worker. Also, you like your life as it is. Often you experience problems but you have enough energy to overcome them and become stronger.
- Negative traits: You come across as somewhat skeptical and pessimistic, cautious, and slightly reserved. There is a distinct streak of the conservative in you. Some of you are very rigid and strict, expecting others to live up to your high standards. You do not like changes.
Saturn opposition Sun
- Typical features that this opposition brings: The Natal Saturn – Sun aspects can profoundly hinder the development of the rational Self, or of the logical side of life. So, you can operate on instinct. Sun opposite Saturn aspect has an inhibiting effect. It presents hardship and restriction in your life. You are a serious person and grew up quickly. You have preferred older friends when you were young. You can be too critical of yourself and other people around you. You often have felt unloved and unlovable. Above all, you have poor self-esteem. That is the main reason that held you back. But you can become an expert at learning using critical thinking. You are extremely studious and this can lead to remarkable achievements and the highest recognition. You tend to give up when you encounter problems. When other aspects are positive you get stimulated by problems and perform better. You long to be considered important in the eyes of the world. But, you harbor a fear of success at the same time. You should be aware of the tendency to choose the hardest paths and to deny yourself some of life’s pleasures. Working on recognizing and managing these tendencies will help you to avoid the pitfalls of this aspect.
- Positive trades: Ideally, you eventually learn that the standards you set for yourself are too high. And you will learn that you are the reason you seem to hit brick walls. With this, The Natal Saturn – Sun aspects of your energy can often be best expressed through philosophy, religion, and spirituality. You love to travel and studies.
- Negative trades: You have lower self-esteem that can be improved by good work. You can be too critical of yourself, of other people, and be subject to criticism. Ups and downs in life are possible regarding happiness and relationships.
Saturn square Sun
- Typical features that this square brings: natal Saturn square Sun in the birth chart is an obstacle between the development of the Self and rationality. This aspect makes you so introverted and habitually self-analyzing. And, this ends up clouding your intelligence. The Self feels threatened by its own inability to see clearly. It is hard for you accept certain unavoidable limitations of the will. Also, you have an inferiority complex from all this. There is also a guilt complex that leads to self-repressive behavior. There can be a weakening of the mental faculties. This The Natal Saturn – Sun aspects, represents conflicts with authority in general. Also, this aspect represents tests and challenges that you have to overcome in life. You may have difficulties early in life with self-esteem. This is a result of criticism from authority figures. You are often too hard on yourself. If you judge yourself too harshly, other people will do the same, reinforcing this negativity. Early hard lessons made you grow up quickly. This one gets better with age. You may have been a late bloomer. But you strive with determination and perseverance to overcome any holdups and become a master of self-discipline, achievement, and responsibility.
- Positive trades: With this Natal Saturn – Sun aspects you are generally loyal and responsible people to those they care about. Also, you steadily reach your goals.
- Negative trades: This aspect may cause difficulties early in life with self-esteem. This is a result of criticism from authority figures. You may be too hard on yourself. As a result, you may be overly self-critical. You often have lower self-esteem that can be improved by good work.
Saturn sextile Sun
- Typical features that this sextile brings: this is a harmonious aspect. You accept responsibilities and live a rather ordered life. Also, you apply caution in your financial and business dealings. You rarely jump to conclusions or take risks. So, you are patient and have enough self-discipline to slowly but surely achieve what you set out to do. You are not the quickest-moving people. So, you take your time and generally use a step-by-step approach to most projects. This Natal Saturn – Sun aspects make you naturally trustworthy. And you don’t have much patience for those who don’t show respect for others. You do not like people who take foolish risks, and who lead disorganized lives. Sun sextile Saturn in the birth has the same influence as trine but to a lesser degree. Early hard lessons made you grow up quickly and get better at the things you struggled with. You may have been a late bloomer but you strive with determination and perseverance to overcome any setbacks. And become a master of self-discipline, achievement, and responsibility. It is likely that you will come under pressure from whoever needs the job done, which could be the boss, your father, or some other kind of authority figure.
- Positive trades: You are generally loyal and responsible people to those they care about. Also, you steadily reach your goals.
- Negative trades:.These Natal Saturn – Sun aspects may cause difficulties early in life with self-esteem. This is a result of criticism from authority figures. You may be too hard on yourself. As a result, you may be overly self-critical. If you judge yourself too harshly, other people will do the same, reinforcing this negativity.
Saturn Trine Sun
- Typical features that this trine brings: this is a favorable aspect. It inspires strength, self-control, and the systematic search for independence. Also, this aspect removes the frustrating anxiety that some people experience when facing the established authority. You are able to face these figures with confidence. You keep a strong spirit through life’s trials. Above all, you have a cool head, mental and spiritual courage. Rational faculties tend to be satisfactory for the development of personality and career. Such development sometimes assumes a calm, solid, reasoned pace. Also, you are serious and reserved. You are a conscientious person and a hard worker. However, you will stand out to your superiors and elders and gain their support and respect. You understand that there are no shortcuts in life. So you have long-term goals. If life were a race, you would be more of a marathon runner than a sprinter. You set big goals for yourself. They are realistic and achievable. Your achievements will earn your recognition and reaffirm your self-belief. In relationships, you are dependable and loyal. You seek the same in a partner. Also, you may struggle to keep the attention of someone more outgoing and vivacious. Also, you make a good parent. And you would be very conscientious, always there to give advice and guidance to your children.
- Positive trades: These Natal Saturn – Sun aspects are harmonious aspects. It creates confident and optimistic people. You are a conscientious person and a hard worker, someone who takes responsibility and gets the job done.
- Negative trades: Firstly, you may have low self-esteem. And you may not learn how to struggle and fight for things you want. Without other challenging aspects in your chart, you could become lazy and feel helpless in times of hardship.
MINOR Natal Saturn – Sun aspects
The minor aspects that are possible between the Sun and Saturn are:
Saturn semisextile Sun
Above all, you often second-guess situations and yourself. With this Natal Saturn – Sun aspects you worry whether or not you are seeing things in a realistic light. This can make you self-conscious and very diffident at times. As you grow up, you learn to find happiness in your accomplishments rather than feel guilty that you haven’t done enough. You can be your own worst critic. And, you are also critical, and not realistic to yourself. On the other side, you give excellent advice to others.
Saturn quintile Sun
This aspect is also called Sun inconjunct Saturn. It creates an imbalance between free self-expression and a heavy sense of responsibility. You can have great inner tension. That is because of a continuous struggle to fulfill your personal needs without neglecting your obligations. This crisis can develop involving your self-confidence, physical or mental health, your career, or a relationship. You are generally very self-reliant and reserved. By placing too much emphasis on your own needs, you tend to neglect yourself in other ways. Being free to enjoy yourself means something else has to suffer. Alcoholism, drug addiction, and other destructive behaviors are possible. Low self-esteem may also arise from an overly strict father. Without self-respect, you are likely to become shy and timid. Others will sense this weakness as you do not place boundaries. Although you may at times be inconsistent, you work well under pressure. The key to conquering this Natal Saturn – Sun aspects is responsibility. Hard work, self-discipline, and self-restraint will eventually lead to greater confidence and personal freedom.