COLOR: black, black with snow effect, rarely green, yellow, red, blue (the color of impurities).
APPEARANCE: shiny, matte, glazed, of all sizes, sometimes oval
FREQUENCY: Some colors are easily accessible, others are rare, and some rocks blue-green color are produced glass
SOURCE: Mexico and around the world
CHEMICAL FORMULA: mainly of SiO2 (70%) with additions of MgO and Fe3O4
- Obsidian is molten lava, which is rapidly cooled and has not crystallized. It works extremely quickly and with great force. It encourages the truth, reveals flaws, weaknesses and blockages. Nothing can be hidden from obsidian. Obsidian forces us to grow and gives us support while we do that. It should be handled with care and it is best to use it under the supervision of qualified therapists, because it can draw out the negative emotions and unpleasant truths. Provides deep healing of the soul.
- Obsidian is a stone that provides strong protection, educating a shield against negativity. Creates a grounding strap from the lower chakras to the center of the earth. It is useful for particularly vulnerable people. Sturdy commanding obsidian blocks geopathogenic radiation and absorbs environmental pollution. A piece of obsidian put next to the bed or under the pillow can draw mental stress or tension. Because obsidian is so effective for absorbing negative energy, it is important to clean the stone under running water each time it is used.
- Spiritually, Obsidian revives the soul. Removes energy blockages and relaxes tension. This stone stimulates growth on all levels.It makes people to explore the unknown, opening new horizons. Mentally, Obsidian brings clarity to the mind and cleans confusion. Psychologically, Obsidian helps you realize who you are. Obsidian dissolves emotional blockages and traumas, bringing clarity to emotions. Encourages compassion and strength. HEALING EFFECTS – Obsidian shows the cause of illness. It detoxify, dissolves blockages and tensions of physical and subtle bodies, including hardened arteries. Reduces pain from arthritis, joint problems, cramps and injuries. As elixir is useful in juice. Reduces pain and stops the bleeding, helping circulation. This stone warms the extremities. It can be used to reduce enlarged prostate. POSITIONING AND USE – Place where needed. Use as a ball or a mirror for detection. INTERESTING FACTS –
- It is used even in prehistoric times for making tools for cutting, weapons, jewelry, mirrors and masks. It is the only natural glass. Today obsidian scalpels are made for use in surgery because they are far sharper than the highest quality steel.
- Named after Obsiusu who discovered it in Ethiopia. The Aztecs were making ritual obsidian knives, eyes on the statues of the gods, and some sort of mirrors that are used in rituals. According to legend, the famous Dr. Dee, magician-alchemist at the court of Elizabeth used such a mirror.
- Trade names for some various colored obsidian are: Apache tear is completely black obsidian. Snow Obsidian is black with light gray spots. Mahogany obsidian is red-gray-black or red and black. Rainbow obsidian iridescent colors of the rainbow is very rare
- Apache tear is completely black obsidian. For this stone says that these are tears of American Indian women who have shed for their men. Apache tears reduces deep grief, gives an insight into the source of pain and forgiveness starts.
- Snow Obsidian is black with light gray spots. Replacing the Chinese yin and yang symbols, representing the unity of opposites that makes life. Increases immunity, helps cell regeneration, raises low blood pressure and helps with rheumatism.
- Mahogany obsidian is red-gray-black or red and black. Develops quickness, concentration and logical thinking. It is used as an elixir. It can be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach. Helps with allergies, inflammation, intestinal fungal diseases, protect the gastrointestinal tract.Mahogany Obsidian grounds and protects, strengthens, reinforces weak aura. When worn on the body, relieves pain and improves circulation.
- Rainbow obsidian iridescent colors of the rainbow is very rare.