The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. But, the houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. The houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. The houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses.Below are the interpretations of Jupiter in the astrological Houses.
Statement that represents the Jupiter – I grow!
Jupiter is the planet of good luck, optimism, success and generosity. Jupiter is the planet of luck, expansion, and philosophical beliefs. This shows where you’re big ’n lucky and a bit of a philosopher. Jupiter brings joy to life. Jupiter’s knowledge is on a philosophical level. Psychologically, Jupiter is the search for meaning or truth. Jupiter encompasses the urge for self-improvement through participation in the larger whole. It urges you to go forth exploring life. Jupiter’s sign indicates what you idealize, what your ethical, religious, and philosophical standards are. Jupiter in your natal chart shows where you are likely to receive financial and material benefits, and in turn, where you express generosity to others. Even when negatively positioned, Jupiter is protective and beneficial.
Interpretations for the Jupiter in each zodiac sign are available here: The Jupiter in the zodiac signs
The Jupiter in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 1st house – you are generous, optimistic, cheerful, confident with good vitality. You like outdoor sports and are good at them. This placement brings many opportunities for personal growth and expansion. Your confidence in yourself makes you a good leader. Above all, you have the ability to inspire the faith of others. You can, however, be extravagant, gullible, over-emotional and egotistical. Jupiter in the first house suggests optimistic and generous people. It focuses on the happy side of life. Jupiter is the planet of enlargement. So, it sometimes causes obesity. It gives people confidence and respectable behavior, especially in later life. These people are usually very religious and moral. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 1st House: Firstly, native has a highly energetic and dynamic personality. Secondly They yearn for Independence and are quite straightforward
- Advice – Other people are just as capable as you are of doing the right thing, so let them.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 1st House: Jovial, Compassionate, Optimistic, Positive, Principled, Noble
- Negative features for Jupiter in 1st House: Unplanned, Chaotic, Interfering, Domineering
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: Eminem, Gerard Butler, Greta Garbo, Stalin, Abraham Lincoln, Jane Fonda
The Jupiter in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 2nd house –you have the ability to be financially successful. Money seems to come to you. You have confidence and optimism in your abilities. You have a strong intuition. Above all, you enjoy material possessions. You inspire trust in others and may benefit from receiving financial assistance from others. Also, you must guard against self- indulgence and over-extravagance. Curb your desire for rich, sweet food and desserts. Jupiter brings happiness and success. But at the same time these people tend to be extravagant. So this personality trait can get them into debt.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 2nd House: Firstly this position assures the native lifetime financial security. Secondly, the native is a highly influential person in society. They enjoy wide social circles which grants them authoritative and leadership qualities.
- Advice – You don’t always have to be the rock for others. Let them help you once in a while. You will know just how lucky you are.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 2nd House: Money-Minded, Resourceful, Successful, Ambitious, Attentive
- Negative features for Jupiter in 2nd House: Indulgent, Overwhelmed, Unsuren
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Jay-Z, Beethoven, Roger Federer, Adele, Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill
The Jupiter in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 3rd house – you are philosophical, optimistic, conventional and considerate. Above all, you have strong intuition. This position expands your mind enabling you to comprehend easily. You are well liked by siblings, neighbors and relatives. Also, there may be mental restlessness. You must be careful not to scatter your energies. There is a tendency to be impractical or self-satisfied. Your mind tends to think in broad terms, not in details. Jupiter suggests abilities in the areas of education, philosophy and communication. These people usually get good childhood education. Their relationships with family relatives will be good. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 3th House: Firstly, these people are big thinkers. They are able to see the bigger picture, especially when others cannot. Secondly, Native’s life is full of short trips and happy events.
- Advice – Allow your friends and family to slow you down and enjoy the more peaceful times. Constant chaos can wear you down. Don’t let anything break your spirit.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 3rd House: Caring, Communicative, Curious, Sharing, Helpful, Social
- Negative features for Jupiter in 3rd House: Silly, Forgetful, Chaotic,
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Osho Rajneesh, Hugh Grant, Silvio Berlusconi, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Sathya Sai Baba
The Jupiter in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 4th house – you are generous, self-confident and patriotic. Prosperity usually increases in later years. You desire a home that is comfortable. Also, parental influence is very strong in shaping your character. Parents, especially mothers, take good care of them, help them and give them good manners and education. It is better to stay where you were born rather than move away from your birthplace. Guard against becoming ostentatious and watch out for self-indulgence. They often have high quality education. The life of these people will be full and happy, especially in later life.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 4th House – Firstly, these people are very active and healthy. Secondly, native gets good results in matters related to family relation. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Advice – You need time to recharge just like everyone else, or else you are no good to anyone. You tend to get so worked up over something that it affects your mental and emotional well-being.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Jupiter in 4th House: Generous, Romantic, Lucky, Creative, Patient, Playful, UpbeatNegative features for Jupiter in 4th House: Risky, Meddling, Interfering, Egoistic
- Famous people with this placement: Aleister Crowley, Copernicus, Ava Gardner, Lia Neeson, Walt Disney, Kesha, Voltaire
The Jupiter in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 5th house – many opportunities for romance, dating, will come your way. Also, Jupiter creates a desire to be engaged in an activity that helps others. This predisposes them for professions like a teacher or a priest. Above all, you are optimistic and have creative ability which can bring success and happiness. There is a strong desire to make significant contributions through your creative self-expression. Children, which may be plentiful, can be a source of pleasure. Guard against rash gambling and speculation. Jupiter suggests the ability to help others. These people usually have a privileged position in life. They live happily. Jupiter creates a desire to be engaged in an activity that helps others. This predisposes them for professions like a teacher or a priest. Jupiter in the fifth house usually also means a big family. It also indicates many love affairs. Intimate relationships are usually based on the amount of fun that could be exchanged.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 5th House: Firstly, Jupiter provides the native with great creative knowledge. Secondly, The native’s children will bring happiness to them. They love their kids and kids, in general. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Advice – Your ego can often get in the way of your better judgment. So you have to rely on those closest to you to let you know when you’re overstepping your bounds. These kinds of misunderstandings can change your luck very easily.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 5th House: Concerned, Compassionate, Instinctive
- Negative features for Jupiter in 5th House: Fierce, Controlling, Angry, Melodramatic, ManipulativeRuling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Cary Grant, Agatha Christie, Walt Disney, Chuck Norris, Dalai Lama, Shahrukh Khan
The Jupiter in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 6th house – You have good health. Any health problems are usually caused by extravagance and over-indulgence. Also, you are helpful to others. Above all, you are a dependable worker with a sense of loyalty. You inspire cooperation and good will among your fellow workers. In other words, you raise the morale of their co-workers and help them to resolve conflicts. Their friendly attitude gives them talent for working with the public. Watch that you do not overwork or overindulge in eating or drinking. There could be difficulties in the liver and blood or poor circulation. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 6th House: Firstly, Jupiter provides the native with great vitality. They generally get lucky in health-related matters. Secondly, they love helping people.
- Advice – Be careful not to put people down for things that they don’t care as much about as you do. You tend to go overboard in planning and organization, which is great when no one else is involved.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 6th House: Trustworthy, Honest, Respectful, Productive, Spiritual
- Negative features for Jupiter in 6th House: Brash, Bully, Manipulative, Hurtful, Restless
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: Jennifer Lopez, James Dean, Charles Manson, Pamela Anderson, Mel Gibson, Zayn Malik
The Jupiter in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 7th house – You seek a partner that can expand your visions and help you grow. This placement of Jupiter brings luck with relationships. Individuals attract great partners for love and business. These people know how to be a loving, positive partner. Also, Business partnerships are likely to bring benefits too in the material realm. Jupiter in the seventh house suggests happiness in marriage. Usually, the spouse is from a wealthy and noble family. These people are friendly, charitable and fair. Their success will be at least partly the result of their good judgment in choosing a good partner. Some negative aspects of the natal chart may cause too much optimism about relationships and marriage.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 7th House: Firstly, the native gets lucky in partnership-related matters. Secondly, this placement provides good wealth accumulating opportunities through matrimony or partnership. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Advice – You have to take the time and make an effort to look into your soul and figure out what makes you happy. It will be hard work, but it will be the most rewarding thing you’ve ever done.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 7th House: Social, Compromising, Fair, Balanced, Graceful, Charming
- Negative features for Jupiter in 7th House: Indecisive, Confused
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Mahatma Gandhi, Putin, Jim Morrison, Nelson Mandela, Marilyn Monroe, Ricky Martin
The Jupiter in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 8th house –you are optimistic and you have faith in your fellowman. You’re blessed with intuition, a raging libido, and luck with other people’s money.There may be financial gain through marriage. Also, you are strongly emotional and should use your emotional energies to tap your psychic abilities. Expansion through the use of other people’s money is possible. These people know how to handle money, especially those that belong to other people. Also, they have the ability to earn money on things that others consider to be unprofitable. Individuals are often keenly interested in life after death. They make excellent psychologists, psychics, , accountants, and financial advisors.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 8th House: Firstly, the native has extreme sexual temptation . Also, natives are likely to earn a good amount of money. Native is most likely to get benefits from joint resources. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Advice – You have to try new things and meet new people. Don’t immediately dismiss a situation for being unusual.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 8th House: Talented, Intuitive, Unconventional, Generous, Mysterious
- Negative features for Jupiter in 8th House: Secretive, Stubborn, Possessive, Stifling, Pessimistic
- Ruling Planet: Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: Marilyn Monroe, Steve Jobs, Sylvester Stallone, Beethoven, Abraham Lincoln, Lindsay Lohan
The Jupiter in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 9th house –you are optimistic, tolerant, broad-minded, and a little bit fanatical. You may be prophetic, having strong intuition, good judgment and vivid dreams. Also, you are interested in law, religion and philosophies. You have the ability to guide and inspire others. You may benefit from travels and dealings with foreigners. Often, they travel widely because they are interested in broadening their horizons. But, your accomplishments may not be recognized until the latter part of your life. On the negative side you may be quite dogmatic in your beliefs. If Jupiter is negatively aspected, they can become religious extremists – or hypocrites. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 9th House: Firstly, Individuals are fond of higher education, philosophy, and travel. Secondly, they learn by focusing on main areas rather than getting into the deeds.
- Advice – As long as you don’t forget about your loved ones, you will lead a life that continually surprises and inspires you. Also, sometimes life is simple, and it can be beautiful in its simplicity.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 9th House: Eager, Wise, Philosophical, Inspirational, Open, Curious
- Negative features for Jupiter in 9th House: Restless, Impatient, Irrational, Forgetful
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods, Kate Winslet, Madonna, Hillary Clinton, Salman Khan, Zac Efron
The Jupiter in the 10th house
The House of career or social status!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 10th house – You have congenial and generous nature. Jupitert may bring success and honor to you in your profession or in your community. You have a magnetic personality There is a strong sense of responsibility toward your career and toward personal achievement. You have the ability to get others to believe in your long-range plans, dreams and visions. These people are cautious and foreseeable when they make long-term plans. They will achieve success by doing things their own way. This position also represents that the father would be a positive influential figure in the native’s life. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 10th House: Firstly, the native will achieve his desired success and wealth. Secondly, The native likes to involve himself in professions related to education, spirituality or travels.
- Advice – Be careful that your need for validation doesn’t get in the way of finding that special someone. Not everyone is as concerned with status as you are.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 10th House: Winning, Kind, Lucky, Ethical, Mature, Responsible, Meticulous
- Negative features for Jupiter in 10th House: Dismissive, Overbearing, Dominating, Oblivious
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Shahrukh Khan, Angelina Jolie, Bob Marley
The Jupiter in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 11th house – you have lots of friends who are willing to do almost anything for you. These friends are knowledgeable, idealistic. Also, they may be of foreign culture or descent. The social life may be the cause of over-indulgence or over- extravagance. You are popular, with faithful and influential friends. Above all, you have a natural ability to organize and plan large group activities. You are a strong supporter of groups, foundations and philanthropies. Their success is usually mainly the result of their friends’ support. Politicians often have Jupiter in the eleventh house.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 11th House – Firstly, native achieve good results in group activities. Secondly, these people get bright and loyal friends who help the native expand their mind spiritually and intellectually. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Advice – If you want to improve someone’s life, start with yours first.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 11th House: Friendly, Social, Helpful, Influential, Humanitarian, Tolerant
- Negative features for Jupiter in 11th House: Grandiose, Quirky, Chaotic
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Rihanna, John Travolta, Sophie Marceau, Prince, Ellen DeGeneres, Lionel Messi
The Jupiter in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Jupiter in the 12th house –you tend to be philanthropic and have great faith in the future. There is a love of humanity and a great desire to help others. These people usually like to work alone or work independently in the background of events. Work in a hospital or jail is possible. They are willing to help others without expecting a reward. Success comes in a quiet, unassuming manner in middle life. You can be unrealistic. So, it is important to think all ideas carefully through before carrying them out. Also, these people have the tendency for exaggerated, badly thought-through, subconscious actions. If Jupiter is negatively aspected, it can bring out neuroses or delusions. Remember, Jupiter in houses is protective and beneficial.
- Typical effects of Jupiter in 12th House: Firstly, the native might take great interest in spirituality, occult and mysticism. Secondly, hey love to help people in defending their troubles.
- Advice – It’s time to stop fantasizing about what you want and start taking the steps necessary to bring it to life. Use your open mind to your advantage. You will discover that the universe can be even more rewarding than you ever dreamed possible.
- Positive features for Jupiter in 12th House: Selfless, Honest, Optimistic, Merciful, Generous, Meditative
- Negative features for Jupiter in 12th House: Uncertain, Unsure, Confused
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement: Martin Luther King, Beyonce Knowles, Demi Moore, Tom Hanks, Bono
The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope.
Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in.