The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. But, the houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. The houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. The houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses. Below are the interpretations of Saturn in the astrological Houses.
Statement that represents the Saturn – I achieve!
Saturn is associated with the principles of limitation, restrictions, boundaries, safety. Saturn in natal chart is not necessarily bad thing. It governs ambition, career and authority. It concerns a ones sense of duty, discipline and responsibility. Saturn also concerns their physical and emotional endurance during hardships. Saturn is morose and cold, melancholic and serious. It indicates the area of life in which you may feel shame, for a time. At its best, Saturn endows organization and order. At its worst, Saturn’s energy is manifested as selfishness. The sign of Saturn also gives clues to the kind of work for which a person is suited.
Interpretations for the Saturn in each zodiac sign are available here: The Saturn in the zodiac signs
The Saturn in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Saturn in the 1st house – you are reserved, quiet and serious. People may take you for quite a cold person. Also, you are responsible and hard-working. Duty comes first on your list of priorities. Self-controlled and disciplined are how others see you. Saturn suggests conservative and traditional personality. Feelings of inferiority, insecurity or unworthiness may push you to great ambitions. Often, you feel unloved or not worthy of love. These feelings may have been activated in your childhood. Pessimism and depression may come upon you. Everything looks like such a struggle for you. Keep your head up. No hard work is ever wasted and rewards will come to you later in life . They tend to be domineering and they sometimes find it absolutely impossible to relax. So, they may suffer from depressions. They may have low self-confidence but they are able to hide it well. Early years of their lives could be difficult and melancholic.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 1st House: Firstly, Saturn makes the native look reserved and serious.. Secondly These people like to be organized, and they put much energy into their work. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Advice – If this is your placement, stop taking yourself so seriously. It’s okay to be silly, and popularity is overrated.
- Positive features for Saturn in 1st House: Jovial, Compassionate, Optimistic, Positive, Principled, Noble
- Negative features for Saturn in 1st House: Unplanned, Chaotic, Interfering, Domineering
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: Eminem, Gerard Butler, Greta Garbo, Stalin, Abraham Lincoln, Jane Fonda
The Saturn in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Saturn in the 2nd house – you tend to be thrifty, practical and responsible, especially with money and possessions. This placement does not deny money, but you must work hard for it. There is a tendency to become depressed over material matters. Your possessions are apt to bring worries rather than happiness. You are a logical person who weighs in on every situation with reason and caution. Also, you take your time in making decisions You want to ensure that everything goes smoothly. You have difficulty dealing with anything that doesn’t go your way. But life doesn’t always go the way you planned. Feelings of being unloved, unwanted, and unappreciated occur with this position. You must value yourself before others can value you. Love yourself first. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 2nd House: Firstly this position assures the native lifetime financial security. Secondly, the native is a highly influential person in society. They enjoy wide social circles which grants them authoritative and leadership qualities.
- Advice – Having money set aside for a rainy day is fine. But you probably don’t need as much as you tend to want to have set aside.
- Positive features for Saturn in 2nd House: Simple, Practical, Responsible, Sentimental, Organized, Logical
- Negative features for Saturn in 2nd House: Frugal, Calculative, Inhibitive
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Kanye West, Prince, Jennifer Lawrence, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
The Saturn in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Saturn in the 3rd house – your mind is serious, exacting, smart and patient. Above all, you have the ability to concentrate on deep subject matter. You usually speak slowly and you think your words through carefully. Also, you have a tendency to depression, pessimism, loneliness or despondency. You have organizational ability. Also, you are conservative and traditional in your thinking. Mathematics and strategy games may appeal to you. Time consuming projects do not bother you. You may feel a bit isolated from siblings and neighbors. They are honest people whose sense of justice is very well developed. They can be found in legal careers. This placement can produce complainers and critics.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 3th House: Firstly, these people are big thinkers. They are able to see the bigger picture, especially when others cannot. Secondly, Native’s life is full of short trips and happy events.
- Advice – Work on finding a balance between the right amount of words and the right amount of action. Also, use your instincts to guide you in important conversations, and trust yourself around your friends and family. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Positive features for Saturn in 3rd House: Quiet, Creditworthy, Confident, Determined, Expressive
- Negative features for Saturn in 3rd House: Deliberate, Outspoken, Anxious,
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Steve Jobs, Elvis Presley, Kylie Jenner, Meghan Markle.
The Saturn in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Saturn in the 4th house – you are conservative and find security in land or real estate. You dislike changes because of an unconscious fear of the unknown. You have a desire to accumulate possessions. There are many responsibilities and problems in your home or family life. In other words, you are somewhat of a tyrant or strict disciplinarian in your home. Inner worries may cause ulcers. The individual may become the caretaker for the parents – or may be tied to the family and unable to go off on their own. It is not a very beneficial placement for the natives. it indicates difficulty in the early age and constraints by the parents.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 4th House – Firstly, it indicates difficulty in the early age and constraints by the parents. Secondly, native have a hard time expressing his emotions towards his family. Native family is disciplined and conservative. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Advice – Try to let go of your inhibitions and let the waves of change wash over you. This is the best way to grow, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, so try to see the good in it.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Saturn in 4th House: Homely, Caring, Nurturing, Proper, Loving, Traditional
- Negative features for Saturn in 4th House: Cold, Detached, Insecure, Rigid, Stubborn
- Famous people with this placement: Tom Cruise, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, Ernest Hemingway.
The Saturn in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!
- If you have the Saturn in the 5th house – you feel unloved and unappreciated. Romances can turn cold. Love is a serious matter for you . It can bring more pain than joy. You may feel emotionally and creatively inhibited. This planet of limitations and discipline suggests people that find it hard to relax and have fun. You have a desire for others to look up to you. Their partner will probably be somewhat older and love will bring them responsibility. It is difficult for you to relax. Personal interests and hobbies need to serve a practical purpose for you. Parenthood may be a burdensome responsibility. Also, you may be too restrictive towards your kids. Above all, it is difficult for you to show your love and appreciation.. It is important for you to forget yourself and to learn to project warmth to others. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 5th House: Firstly, native will be disciplined and hardworking with a structured approach to creativity. Secondly, they take their life way too seriously. They are likely to follow well- defined patterns and rules in life instead of being spontaneous and having fun.
- Advice – You need to learn how to express your feelings towards those you love.
- Positive features for Saturn in 5th House: Controlled, Leader, Ingenious, Instinctive, Cautious
- Negative features for Saturn in 5th House: Confused, Stressed, Anxious, Loud
- Ruling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Mike Tyson, Alfred Hitchcock, Winston Churchill, Janet Jackson, Michael Phelps, Deepak Chopra
The Saturn in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Saturn in the 6th house –obstructions of health, or limitations in health can come into play. Diet may need to be watched and improved. Your body may not assimilate everything it needs from the food you eat. Perhaps taking vitamins would help in this regard. There may be difficulties at the workplace. That is because of your attitudes toward others. You cannot always expect others to work as hard as you. Above all, you are a practical, conscientious, hard worker. You may not be at your best with strict time deadlines. It indicates reliable and hardworking people, even if their work is boring. The tendency to worry may affect your health causing depression and hypochondria. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 6th House: Firstly, the native takes his job quite seriously and believes in working hard. They are respected for what they do. Secondly, they love helping people.
- Advice – Don’t give up on your hopes and your dreams just because they may seem outrageous. It’s your life, so live it to the fullest.
- Positive features for Saturn in 6th House: Controlled, Leader, Ingenious, Instinctive, Cautious
- Negative features for Saturn r in 6th House: Confused, Stressed, Anxious, Loud
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: Lady Gaga, Jennifer Aniston, Keanu Reeves, LeBron James.
The Saturn in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Saturn in the 7th house – there may be the tendency to attract older, serious partners. Partnerships may involve duty, responsibility and hard work. There may be a feeling of restriction, bondage, depression and anxiety in your relationships. They take partnerships seriously and will work hard to maintain them. You are cautious about marriage, but, when committed, you find it very difficult to leave your partner. You are inclined to seek a partner who will awaken your sense of responsibility. This usually results in late marriage. Early marriage is never wise for these people. Saturn suggests mature and rational relationship that is usually durable. Responsibility and justice in relationships are important to people with this placement. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 7th House: Firstly, Saturn in the seventh house makes the native responsible and are reliable people. Secondly, when it comes to a well-aspected Saturn, it blesses the native with stability in marriage and business unions.
- Advice Trust in your instincts. It’s good to figure out what you are looking for in a partner. But, don’t let that become your life’s ambition. In other words, sometimes you have to let loose and live in the moment. Do not try so hard, and you will find the person that completes you.
- Positive features for Saturn in 7th House: Sensitive, Dedicated, Mediator, Just, Trustworthy, Impeccable
- Negative features for Saturn in 7th House: Demanding, Vulnerable, Indecisive, Confused, Dependent
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Johnny Depp, Eminem, David Bowie, Lana Del Rey.
The Saturn in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Saturn in the 8th house – you are a hard worker who is patient and thrifty. These people are strict. Saturn suggests financial difficulties that relate to their spouse. They tend to handle problems of other people. That can mean that they will take on the responsibilities of other people.Also, 8th house Saturn people may experience inhibition or promiscuity. Attitudes toward sex may cause difficulties. A strong sensual nature requires restraint. In deeply afflicted charts, sexual dysfunction is possible. Patience and perseverance may be required in partnerships due to delays, limits, and obstacles. One tends to be serious about sexual matters. That may be blocked or inhibited. One is often concerned about death and the after-life.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 8th House: Firstly, this placement shows a heavy burden of responsibilities like joint finances and other people’s resources on the native’s shoulders. Secondly, they tend to be serious about sexual matters.
- Advice – Asking for help is not a weakness. Most importantly, you need to get over the fact that you can’t always accomplish things on your own. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Positive features for Saturn in 8th House: Intense, Intuitive, Deep, Realistic, Loyal, Dedicated
- Negative features for Saturn in 8th House: Demanding, Proud, Suspicious, Reactive, Anxious, Skeptical
- Ruling Planet: Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: Osho Rajneesh, Elton John, Martin Luther King, Michael Jordon, Eva Longoria, George Harrison
The Saturn in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Saturn in the 9th house – your religious and philosophical beliefs are quite orthodox and traditional. You take these beliefs very seriously. Also, your concentration upon deep subjects is quite good. You may be intolerant and critical of others and their beliefs. There may be difficulties connected with foreign travel or foreign cultures. Frustrations and delays can occur during long journeys. These truth seekers enjoy academia. Saturn suggests a stable and practical life philosophy. They adhere to rules and laws. Their work is very precise and it has an aim. They like to get employed in traditional and well-established institutions.. So, they have a talent for administrative functions, particularly in the areas of law, religion and publishing.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 9th House: Firstly, Saturn makes the native Spiritual and religious person. These people are well educated but in an orthodox manner. Secondly, native gets to travel a lot and mostly for business purposes. Above all, they consider travelling as a way of learning. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Advice – Your efficient and moral code are so strict and static. Try not to close yourself off from positive change.
- Positive features for Saturn in 9th House: Religious, Philosophical, Conventional, Sober, Ingenious
- Negative features for Saturn rin 9th House: Deliberate, Narrow-Minded, Judgemental, Strict, Static
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Hillary Clinton, Uma Thurman, Prince Harry, Prince William, Marilyn Manson
The Saturn in the 10th house
The House of career or social status!
- If you have the Saturn in the 10th house – you are self-reliant and independent. Above all, you have a good business and organizing ability. Success comes slowly, through perseverance and hard work. They have big ambitions. Also, they do attain their goals and may find themselves in elevated positions. Chasing power and using others to get what you want will cause your downfall. You need to control your ambitions. There may be difficulties with either parent because of their discipline and strictness. Saturn in the tenth house suggests an ambitious character with a desire for recognition. Native might not share a good relationship with their father.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 10th House: Firstly, fit well in their work environment. Secondly, they are very ambitious in their career. That ambition drives them to achieve greatness in their occupation.
- Advice – Above all, what you do need help with is living in the moment. All work and no play make you a dull person. Also it can lead to anxiety and depression issues. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Positive features for Saturn in 10th House: Self- Reliant, Ambitious, Practical, Hard-Working, Organized
- Negative features for Saturn in 10th House: Egoistic, Stuffy, Serious, Anxious
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Michael Jackson, James Dean, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Clinton, Benedict Cumberbatch, Adolf Hitler.
The Saturn in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Saturn in the 11th house – you have many acquaintances, but only a few close friends. The friendships you make endure for many years.This is a positive placement for Saturn. In other words it indicates someone who takes friendship seriously. Often, these people will want to take care of their friends. Friends will also help them out in turn. They usually enjoy strong friendships, often with influential or older, mature people. Saturn gives people patience and diligence. Remember, Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 11th House – Firstly, the native generally gets support from his social circle and friends . Secondly, Saturn in the 11th house would indicate that the native have more than one source of income.
- Advice – Your need to be different can make you your own worst enemy. So, think before making a choice. You’ll be glad you did.
- Positive features for Saturn in 11th House: Humanitarian, Intelligent, Energetic, Creative, Different, Unorthodox
- Negative features for Saturn in 11th House: Shy, Aimless, Rigid, Aloof
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Donald Trump, George Clooney, Cameron Diaz, Freddie Mercury.
The Saturn in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Saturn in the 12th house –you have the potential to develop strong inner discipline and sensitivity. There can be feelings of fear, doubt and a lack of self-confidence. They usually doubt their abilities and long for solitude. They are usually loners who lack self-confidence. Also, you may feel fated and desire to retreat from society. Your present path may involve serving mankind. Chronic health problems can be experienced if subconscious fears are not brought out into the open. These people usually do not achieve recognition for their abilities and results. They are ultra-sensitive and full of empathy. So, this placement can produce excellent psychologists.
- Typical effects of Saturn in 12th House: Firstly, the native like to spend a lot of their time alone. Secondly, native understands the value of spirituality and seeks that path.
- Advice – Your active imagination can put you on the right path. But, be careful not to escape from reality for too long. Being present will give you the boost you need to go after your dreams.
- Positive features for Saturn in 12th House: Sensitive, Sympathetic, Noble, Imaginative, Accepting
- Negative features for Saturn in 12th House: Unsure, Insecure, Self-Doubt, Anxious
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement: Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie, Beyoncé, Vladimir Putin, Ted Bundy.
Saturn in houses doesn’t like to make things easy for people. So, you will often feel challenged when you are faced with Saturn transits. The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope. It is important foe natal chart interpretation.
Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in.