The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. The houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. But, the houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. The houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses. Below is the Venus in houses interpretation.
Statement that represents the Moon – I love!
Venus is the planet of love, pleasure, and beauty. It represents your capacity to express affection and to enjoy beauty. This includes your capacity to attract and appreciate the things of the world. The sign of Venus gives important information about how you express yourself in personal relationships, especially in love and marriage. It also indicates your attitude toward money. The position of Venus in houses indicates the type of people with whom you establish relationships, both friendships and romances, and where you are most likely to find an artistic outlet. You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses of the natal chart.
Interpretations for the Venus in each zodiac sign are available here: The Venus in the zodiac signs
The Venus in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Venus in the 1st house – you are friendly and charming with a magnetic personality. You always seem to know what to say with regard to what people want to hear. Whether it is the truth or not is the problem. Venus in 1st house creates social people with generally positive attitude towards life. Above all, you have ability to attract everything you need in life. People and things just come to you. But, you must avoid using people to get what you want. You enjoy in beautiful and luxurious things. Also, you can be quite selfish and self-centered. Acting like the spoiled child is also a danger. People with this placement can be real lookers. They tend to be physically attractive and charming. Relationships, specifically love and sexual relationships are very important to the native, they can’t be single for a long time.
- Typical effects of Venus in 1st House: Firstly, The native enjoys all other forms of art along with beautiful surroundings and has a great sense of aesthetics. Secondly natives have a playful personality and good look.
- Advice – Maintain that flirtatious charm without going overboard. Only then you’ll remain an irresistible force for the rest of your life!
- Positive features for Venus in 1st House: Harmonious, Charming, Funny, Magnetic, Irresistible, Balanced, Bravado
- Negative features for Venus in 1st House: Bravado, Unsure, Passive-Aggressive, Consumed
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: George Clooney, Mahatma Gandhi, Orlando Bloom, Roger Federer, Lionel Messi, Sai Baba,
The Venus in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Venus in the 2nd house –you attract money and personal possessions. Above all, you spend money as fast as you earn it. You spend your money to buy beautiful, artistic, and musical things. You like a certain amount of luxury to surround you. Money may come to you through a partner or relationship. These people love their property, jewelry, clothes and other accessories. They like money, but only because it gives them better social status. The native loves to be admired and pampered with gifts. If Venus is negatively aspected, they may live beyond their means and use money as a way to climb up the social ladder. you take your time to get to know someone first before jumping into a relationship. You need time to develop your feelings. But, that’s also what makes you so dedicated once you fall in love.
- .Typical effects of Venus in 2nd House: Firstly money and material matters are important for these people. They spend an extravagant amount of money on arts, beauty and entertainment. Secondly, they are balanced, soft-spoken and a peace-loving person. They choose their words wisely.
- Advice – Don’t concentrate so much on the gift itself, but rather appreciate the gesture.
- Positive features for Venus in 2nd House: Pleasure-Seeking, Beautiful, Artistic, Passive, Straightforward, Honest, Reliable
- Negative features for Venus in 2nd House: Stubborn, Expectations, Difficult, Particular
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Abraham Lincoln, Alicia Keys, Sting, Elton John, Denzel Washington, Fidel Castro, Oscar Wilde
The Venus in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Venus in the 3rd house –you are artistic and creative in speech and writing. You have a love of travel. Your immediate surroundings are probably quite harmonious and comfortable. Relations with neighbors and siblings are often easy-going and pleasurable. Above all, you hate disharmony. You avoid confrontations with people in your immediate environment. Also,you love a heated debate or lively discussion, and playing mind games comes easily to you. You look for someone who challenges your mental acuity in that regard. So, you enjoy having a large social circle because you have a lot on your mind! Because you are such a busy person, you have trouble making close friends or solidifying committed relationships. Your tendency to exaggerate or hide your true feelings to manipulate the conversation or situation can get you into trouble.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 3th House: Firstly, these people want to make their career in poetry and literature. Secondly, It is extremely important for the natives to have a partner who’d listen to them.
- Advice – Try to find that balance between your heart and your head. That will happen as you get older and gain more experience.
- Positive features for Venus in 3rd House: Lively, Social, Independent, Spontaneous, Mischievous
- Negative features for Venus in 3rd House: Busybody, Whirlwind, Impatient, Exaggerating
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Stephen King, Drake, Winston Churchill, Tiger Woods, Agatha Christie, Thomas Edison, Frank Sinatra
The Venus in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Venus in the 4th house – you desire beautiful things and a nice, rather luxurious home. You have an artistic nature with a talent for making people welcome in your home. Above all, entertaining at home gives you real pleasure. You love your family and children. These people are the happiest in their own home. The latter part of life may be pleasant and comfortable, although you may find a tendency to add weight in later life. They are usually patriots and they feel bond with their country. They have close relationships with their parents.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 4th House – Firstly, natives are extra sensitive and emotionally attached to their parents. Secondly, native likes to be a wonderful host. They have a sense of aesthetics which is evidently visible in their homes.
- Advice – It’s important for you to learn to stand on your own two feet and think for yourselves outside of the tribe.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Venus in 4th House: Traditional, Nurturing, Calm, Quiet, Emotional, Sentimental
- Negative features for Venus in 4th House: Melodramatic, Smothering, Manipulative, Controlling
- Famous people with this placement: Pamela Anderson, Steve Jobs, Amy Winehouse, Shahrukh Khan, Bob Marley, Will Smith, Adele
The Venus in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!
- If you have the Venus in the 5th house – you are affectionate, creative and attractive to the opposite gender.. You have talent in drama, art, or music. These may be your favorite hobbies. Also, there is love of the stage and of performing. You might make a delightful and expressive teacher because of your love of children. Above all, you enjoy having a good time. People often consider you a party animal. Over-indulgence needs to be watched. These people usually become excellent parents. Natives are lucky to have this placement in their natal chart because the planet of love is in the house of love.
- Typical effects of Venus in 1st House: Firstly, natives have joyful and exciting romantic relationships. Secondly, they are popular among friends and have strong love for kids.
- Advice – Learn to revel in the down times as much as the exciting times, and you will lead a delighted life.
- Positive features for Venus in 5th House: Flirtatious, Charming, Energetic, Romantic, Generous, Entertaining
- Negative features for Venus in 5th House: Overbearing, Demanding, Egoistic, Handful
- Ruling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Jon Bon Jovi, Matthew McConaughey, Greta Garbo, Yoko Ono, Walt Disney, Indira Gandhi
The Venus in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Venus in the 6th house – you are diplomatic, well-liked by employees and fellow workers. Also, you have a desire for better working conditions. This is a good position for health. If the working conditions are negative, it can impact the native’s health. You can be the mediator when differences of opinion occur on the job. You can bring peace and understanding. The native is always connected to art and creative fields. This placement creates good hairdressers, fitness trainers, beauty or cosmetics specialists. You want a relationship that will satisfy certain practical needs. While those reasons are different for everyone, you may not find that one person who can fulfill them. Make sure to give people a solid chance before deciding who you want to spend the rest of your life with.One can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 6th House: Above all, they have a good health. They pay good attention to their diet as they like to stay healthy and look great. A harmonious work environment is important to them.
- Advice – Do not abuse your body through self-indulgence and rich, sweet food. An excess of sugar and starches should be avoided.
- Positive features for Venus in 6th House: Tidy, Artistic, Organized, Practical, Caring, Helpful, Thoughtful, Friendly
- Negative features for Venus in 6th House: Critical, Over-Detailed, Agitated, Dismissive
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: Bob Dylan, Charlie Sheen, Chopin, Joan of Arc, Liam Neeson, Sarah Palin, Vivien Leigh, Sharon Stone
The Venus in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Venus in the 7th house – you are charming, sociable and friendly. It is easy for people to see your loving nature. Partnerships are generally happy and harmonious. But, your desire for peace and harmony at all costs may be detrimental to you. You desire a spouse who is attractive and probably well off financially. A desire for the perfect relationship may be so strong that any imperfections in your relationship could be blown up beyond proportion. Balance and poise are necessary. You want beauty, luxury and you seek a partner who can provide these. Perhaps marriage will bring you to a higher station in life. Over-indulgence and over-emphasizing the sensual side of life can lead to problems.
- Typical effects of Venus in 7th House: They are very social people. Also they have happy marriage.Venus in this house gives good results in marriage. It blesses the native with an attractive spouse, with whom they can possess and enjoy the comforts of life. You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Advice – Take your time in choosing a partner. Get to know them before jumping into a committed relationship to ensure you truly are right for each other..
- Positive features for Venus in 7th House: Balanced, Accepting, Diplomatic, Friendly, Caring, Peaceful
- Negative features for Venus in 7th House: Indecisive, Overbearing, Confused, Unsure
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Adolf Hitler, Kurt Cobain, Amitabh Bachchan, Kate Moss, Pink, Sigourney Weaver, Snoop Doggm
The Venus in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Venus in the 8th house – you enjoy in physical comforts and prosperity due to your partner’s efforts. Also, you inherit money which allows you the luxury you seek. You often have no self-discipline. There may be a tendency to laziness. Financial resources of these will not only be the result of their own efforts. Above all there is a preoccupation with sex. These people are usually somewhat possessive and jealous. Trouble may come to you if you have a tendency to indulge your lower nature. You may be attracted to healing, psychic endeavors or metaphysical subjects. Also, often you have an interest in magic. One can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 8th House: Firstly, native will have a partner who is mysterious, sexual and wealthy. Secondly, they have lazy, hedonistic personality.
- Advice – Not everything has to be so intense to be meaningful. Sometimes you have to go with the flow to enjoy what is around you.
- Positive features for Venus in 8th House: Gregarious, Leader, Generous, Encouraging, Committed
- Negative features for Venus in 8th House: Dominating, Forbidden, Obsessed, Overbearing, JealousRuling Planet: Mars, Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: John Travolta, Coco Chanel, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Mike Tyson, Sharon Tate, Mother Teresa
The Venus in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Venus in the 9th house – you have a love for travel and the ability to benefit from these travels. You often live far away from your place of birth. Above all, you possess the ability to promote understanding between different cultural or aesthetic groups. You love art and music from foreign cultures. Also, there may be attraction to religion ceremonies, philosophy, law or higher learning. These people enjoy learning. They are intuitive people with fine taste. These people will probably have close contacts with foreigners or people coming from different environments. A negativly aspected Venus may give the tendency to escapism. One can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 9th House: Firstly, natives are very fond of traveling. They are always excited about discovering new places. Secondly, these people take great interest in religious and philosophical discussions and are tend to be fair-minded.
- Advice – Be careful not to squash someone else’s romantic dreams with your callous demeanor toward love and sex.
- Positive features for Venus in 9th House: Independent, Loving, Zestful, Impulsive, Adventurous, Romantic, Learned, Inquisitive
- Negative features for Venus in 9th House: Restless, Callous, Erratic, Uncommitted
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Marilyn Monroe, Kim Kardashian, Eminem, Jim Morrison, Celine Dion, James Dean, Rafael Nadal
The Venus in the 10th house
The House of career or social status!
- If you have the Venus in the 10th house – your pleasant disposition and harmonious nature make you popular in your career. People want to do nice things for you, which can lead to laziness. Above all, you have a loving and friendly approach to the world. Also you have a general attitude of optimism. You know how to play the game of love. Also, you know how to win over your love. This is true of your love life as well, and you have many things to offer a potential partner.The native shares a good relation with his father. This placement can be favorable for public speaking and singing. Your voice may be used to inspire people. This position usually grants comfortable financial circumstances. If Venus is negatively aspected, relationships may be used for professional gain.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 10th House: Venus in this house gives the native a cheerful and friendly behavior. They have a positive outlook on life.
- Advice – Be careful that your need for validation doesn’t get in the way of finding that special someone. Not everyone is as concerned with status as you are.
- Positive features for Venus in 10th House: Charming, Attractive, Confident, Strong, Devoted, Trustworthy
- Negative features for Venus in 10th House: Aloof, Distant, Detached, Slow, Serious
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Albert Einstein, Tom Cruise, Salman Khan, Robin Williams
The Venus in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Venus in the 11ht house – you are sociable, tactful and friendly. Above all, you have many helpful friends. But, be careful that these friends do not encourage you to over-indulge yourself. That will have a detrimental effect on you and your health. Be careful also of pleasing your friends at a cost to yourself. These people have a talent for organizing social activities. They will achieve success mostly due to these abilities. They enjoy cultural and group pursuits. Also, they have a strong desire to relax with congenial companions. Above all, they have a desire to do everything possible for their friends comfort and pleasure.
- Typical effects of Venus in 11th House Venus grants the native with a gracious personality. They also have a strong desire of being surrounded by their friends.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Advice – You can be a difficult person to get along with because of your desire to always be different. So learn to appreciate those who put up with that part of you.
- Positive features for Venus in 11th House: Logical, Quirky, Social, Original, Unique, Unconventional, Trusting
- Negative features for Venus in 11th House: Difficult, Demanding, Finicky, Demanding
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino, Bruce Lee
The Venus in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Venus in the 12th house – your love of solitude and being your own best company may cause you to retreat from society. You enjoy in secrets. Clandestine relationships are possible. They are a bit lonely and disappointed in their romantic relationships. Self-indulgence through drink, drugs or sex can bring on self-undoing. There is a strong sense of compassion and a willingness to help and serve others. Success by social standards is unimportant to you. They are very emotional but they can subconsciously control their emotions. This position usually creates a significant degree of compassion for people who are in a bad position. They want an understanding of the meaning of life. Above all, there is a tendency to keep relationships with the opposite gender a secret. You seldom reveal your innermost feelings. This position usually gives an interest in psychic or occult subjects.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.
- Typical effects of Venus in 12th House: Firstly, they have a need to spend time alone. Secondly, deeply sensitive, their feelings are often easily hurt
- Advice – Learning to set strong boundaries and let go is a lesson for these sensitive, kindly people.
- Positive features for Venus in 12th House: Dreamy, Romantic, Sacrificing, Emotional, Kind, Caring
- Negative features for Venus in 12th House: Idealistic, Insecure, Over-Sensitive, Extreme
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement: Shakira, Grace Kelly, Sandra Bullock, Meryl Streep, Jimi Hendrix, Patrick Swayze, Keith Richards
The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope. Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in.You can get an idea of how and where a person expresses their love when you check out the position of Venus in the houses.