Four of Swords Tarot Card is the next Minor Arcana tarot card. Tarot cards are a form of divination, which literally means working with the divine, or your higher self, which is the ultimate purpose of tarot cards, just like yoga. The tarot is in essence a soul map, a deep psychological guide to self-empowerment. Playing with Tarot cards is a conversation with your higher self. The cards always work. It’s not magic—tarot cards are a sacred mirror. There are now thousands of types of tarot decks. A traditional deck has 22 Major Arcana (or trumps) which are archetypal images. Four different card suits make up the Minor Arcana: Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles. All of these suits contain 14 cards: 10 numbered cards, and four cards called court cards that include the Page, Knight, Queen, and King. Each of these four suits represents a different area of your life, so you know where to direct this guidance when one of these cards shows up in your Tarot reading. There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, sixteen Court or Personality cards; the Kings, Queens, Princes, and Pages. There are four elements or suits: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, with 10 cards in each. Above all, there are no inherently negative cards. Below is the Four of Swords Tarot Card Meaning: love, health, money, and Yoga. See also Guide to Tarot Yoga.
The Swords tarot cards
- The Swords cards are all about challenges. They can tell you when conflict and heartache are looming, and help you harness the strength of your own mind. When a Swords card turns up in your Tarot reading, it’s likely you are facing a challenge or will come into contact with a forceful person or situation. The suit of Swords in a classic Tarot deck consists of 14 cards, beginning with the Ace of Swords and progressing upward through the 10 of Swords, then concluding with the four Court cards, the Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Swords.
- Numerology: Four (4) in Minor Arcana. The four cards represent a break or rest period. To move forward, you need to stop now and contemplate where you’ve been, and where you’re going.
Four of Swords Tarot Card DESCRIPTION: illustration, colors, and symbolism
- Four of Swords Tarot Card shows a knight lying horizontally on a tomb. He rests in his full armor, and his hands are pressed together as if he is praying. His expression is serene. The man represents the need to retreat and clarity that can be extended in solitude. The man’s body language tells us that this time will be relaxing, and that wisdom will be gained from it. One sword lies beneath the knight, symbolizing a single point of focus. And it signals that the battle has ended. Above him hang three swords, pointing downwards towards his head and torso. The swords that are on the wall are a reminder of the emotional battles he has fought in the past. In the background, the stained-glass window shows a woman and child together. Although this card might seem negative, it is actually a ‘solution’ card that provides an answer to your current problems.
A statement that represents Four of Swords Tarot Card: I can use my pain as a tool for growth!
Four of Swords Tarot Card – IN GENERAL
- Four of Swords Tarot Card suggests that you need to take a step back from the chaos of your life. In a general context, the Four of Swords represents fear, anxiety, and stress. The card sends a message to take some time out and retreating to a sheltered place of serenity away from the hustle. The card suggests a visit to a place to contemplate your mortality and breathe in the dust of those who brought you here. You have to contemplate your roots, values, and goals. Here you will see your place in the flow of time. The regular day-to-day hustle can leave the toughest person feeling mentally drained and in need of some alone time. Maybe you have been feeling overloaded and stressed out lately. Now is the time to step away from the crowd and recharge your battery. Put all actions aside and chill out for a minute.
Four of Swords Tarot Card – UPRIGHT
- Four of Swords Tarot Card in the upright position indicates feelings of overstimulation, being out of touch, and overwhelmed in life. You will be feeling overwhelmed and mentally overloaded when it appears. You might be dealing with conflict in your family, relationship, or friends that are causing you to want to go away. The issues you are facing are actually not as bad as you believe them to be and there are solutions available. This card is more to do with your mental state than any problems you are facing. Follow your instincts. Spending time alone to relax and recharge will be the right thing to do. You will get your feeling back to normal once again. It is a card of recuperation and hospitalization. And it signifies having faith or receiving spiritual counseling or support.
Four of Swords Tarot Card meaning REVERSED
- “Reversed tarot card” is a card that appears to be upside down from your angle of vision. Are you putting too much on your back and struggling to manage it all? The Four of Swords Tarot Card reversed brings good news. A period of rest is going to bring you back to life. The card represents awakening and finding mental strength. You will be coming out of isolation after a period of solitude or mental overload. You are slowly recovering. Alternatively, the card reversed can indicate that your stress levels have reached such a point that mental breakdown or collapse is possible if you don’t start taking care of yourself. If you resist rest, a mental breakdown could be in your future. Remember that you will work at your full capacity when you are feeling rested and energetic. So, you need to take care of yourself first and foremost.
Four of Swords Tarot Card and LOVE
- If this card appears in a love reading, there are also two interpretations. The first denotes a relationship returning to normal after a period of disagreement. If you have struggled with continuous fighting, the end is surely on the way. Just focus on your own behavior. You have all the power to react in the right way. The Four of Swords also happens when you will be confronted with new issues that could make or break your relationship. You may need to take a break for your own mental health. You will have to accept what is and be willing to compromise. Now is the time to step up and take responsibility for your part and set boundaries as well. It all starts with you. If you are in a relationship the Four of Swords can indicate that you and your partner are taking time out to rest, and reconnect. Fear and stress have left you and your partner feeling in need of some peace. Some quality time away from the stress is needed to help you both to reconnect. If you are single, the card can indicate that you need some introspection to contemplate what you really want in a relationship. If you jump into a relationship out of fear of being single, it will not work out well.
- Four of Swords Tarot Card can indicate that you are moving into a period of reconciliation or forgiveness. If you are in a relationship you are ready to let go of the pain your partner caused you in the past. You can forgive and move forward now. The communication will be open. In conclusion, your relationship has a good chance of progressing. That is because you release the pain you have been carrying. Also, the Four of Swords Tarot Card can indicate reconciliation after a breakup. Alternatively, the card can show that you are holding onto grief. Your partner may have hurt you and you are continuing to be unable to forgive them. So, you need to rethink if there is any point in continuing the relationship. You need to figure out if you can draw a line under the past and move forward together. If you can’t it may be time to end the relationship. If you are single, the Four of Swords Tarot Card can show healing from a breakup. Also, it can indicate that you are coming out of a period of loneliness. Also, the card can indicate a great level of holding onto sorrow after a breakup. You may need to consider seeking help from a healer.
Four of Swords Tarot Card and MONEY
- Four of Swords Tarot Card has two main interpretations. The first indicates a return to work after a leave of absence. You are feeling recharged and ready to take on whatever comes your way. The cards show that you will be successful at work since you have allowed yourself the time needed to prepare. The other interpretation is telling that you have been dealing with an ongoing conflict with coworkers or authority. The Four of Swords reminds you that no job is worth sacrificing your happiness. Now maybe a good time for you to re-evaluate your work situation and decide if this career is a good fit for you. Financially speaking the card signifies that you have been under financial pressure for some time. It’s not as bad as you think it is! There is always a solution. You need to try and relax and gather your thoughts
- Four of Swords Tarot Card in a career reading can indicate that you may be going back to work after a break, illness, or another period of time off. You may have needed to take this time off to get your stress levels under control. So, now you feel able to manage your work well. Make sure you have strategies for handling stress. Alternatively, this card can indicate that your levels of stress have reached boiling point. So, it may be time to consider looking for a new job. Financially speaking the card signifies that your finances are recovering after a period of difficulty. You should be feeling relieved of the pressure. Alternatively, the card can indicate that you are overwhelmed with financial pressures. It suggests that you are not accepting the help and support that is available to you.
Four of Swords Tarot Card and HEALTH
- Upright: Four of Swords Tarot Card brings a warning. It suggests that you need to take your mental health seriously. Chronic stress and anxiety can cause disorder in every area of your life. Look for healthy ways to eliminate your triggers. This card can indicate that anxiety-related illnesses may be exasperated at this time, try to take some time out to relax and reboot. Also, this card signifies a return to health following a battle with illness. You have followed the doctor’s orders and taken the necessary steps to take care of yourself. You will soon be free of all sickness.
- Reversed: Four of Swords Tarot Card in a health reading, reversed can indicate healing and recovery after a period of poor mental or physical health. Or, the card can indicate pushing yourself so far and not taking care of yourself. It can also indicate a mental or nervous breakdown.
Yoga is an expression of body movement, breathing, meditation, and philosophy. Yoga and tarot heal the body by intersecting in multiple realms. They both create a bridge between your subconscious and conscious mind, use archetypes to reveal life lessons, work with the elements, serve as a guide for the appropriate practice, and help us cultivate our intuition and accomplish our life’s true self. Tarot cards are a divination tool made up of 78 images and qualities, split into 22 major arcana cards representing karmic lessons and 56 minor arcana cards representing day-to-day choices. Read GUIDE GOR TAROT YOGA.
If you pulled The Four of Swords Tarot Card your tarot reading, you should practice Bharadvajasana/ Bharadvaja’s Twist ( Bharadvaja meaning: one of seven legendary seers, credited with composing the hymns collected in the Vedas
Want to keep learning the meaning of the Tarot cards with The Tarot Guide? Continue to the next card…Five of Swords