The Lovers Tarot Card DESCRIPTION: illustration, colors, and symbolism.
- The Lovers tarot card shows a naked man and woman like the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They are standing beneath the angel of air Raphael. The angel’s name means “God heals”, symbolizing physical and emotional healing. They are protected and blessed by an angel above. The element of air is also associated with communication, the foundation for healthy relationships. Archangel Raphael blesses the man and woman. He also reminds them of their balance and agreement. His blessing gives this card a symbolization of union in a grand and cosmic sense between two opposing forces. Behind the man, there is a tree of flames. It represents the man’s fiery passion, the primary concern of the man. The twelve flames stand for the twelve zodiac signs. It is also the symbol of time and eternity. Behind the woman stands an apple tree with a snake wrapped around the trunk. The serpent and apple tree represent the temptation of sensual pleasures that may take one’s focus away from the Divine. The man looks to the woman. The woman watches the angel, showing the path of the conscious to the subconscious, or from physical desire to emotional needs. There is a mountain in the background, symbolizing a phallic symbol. There is also a river, which represents femininity. The volcanic mountain in the background is rather phallic. It represents the eruption of passion that happens when man and woman meet in full frontal nudity.
- The Lovers tarot card is number six of the Major Arcana cards. The Lovers tarot card is associated with Six, the number of communication and harmony. The Lovers, are helping to settle the problems through mutual aid. Six is also a mystical number. It is the combination of the Divine Feminine and Divine Masculine. The upright and inverted triangles together that create a six-pointed star represent this balance of masculine and feminine.
- Wikipedia: In some traditions, the Lovers represent relationships and choices. Its appearance in a spread indicates some decision about an existing relationship, a temptation of the heart, or a choice of potential partners.
See also Guide to Tarot Cards.
A statement that represents The Lovers Tarot card: I am love.
The Lovers Tarot card meaning – in general
- The Lovers tarot card shows the union of two opposing forces, as well as the short pleasure of a moment before it is corrupted. The card mainly represents love, relationships, and major decisions regarding soul mate situations. Even if you’re not looking for love advice, the Lovers can be a powerful card that helps you get clear about your own values and find harmony within yourself. The Lovers card represents conscious connections and meaningful relationships. While the card typically refers to a romantic tie, it can also represent a close friendship or family relationship where love, respect, and compassion flow. This functions as symbolism for all affairs, the initial phase of being committed to someone seems perfect and blissful. The Lovers can often indicate a relationship coming into your life. Also, The Lovers is a card of open communication and honesty. Given that the man and woman are naked, they are both willing to be in their most vulnerable states and have learned to open their hearts to one another. In a reading, this card is a sign that by communicating openly and honestly, you will create a harmonious relationship. On a more personal level, the card represents getting clear about your values and beliefs. It’s time to go into the world and make choices for yourself, staying true to who you are and being authentic. At its heart, the Lovers is about choice. To make good choices, you need to be clear about your personal beliefs and values – and stay true to them. The Lovers card is often a sign that you are facing a moral dilemma. Now, more than ever, you must choose love. In every choice, there is an equal amount of advantage and disadvantage, opportunity and challenge, positive and negative. When you accept these dualities, you build the unity from which love flows.
Is the Lovers tarot card good and what does it represent?
The Lovers card meaning depends on is the card upright or reversed and what is its position towards other cards.
The Lovers card – upright?
- The Lovers tarot card upright indicates that you have major life-changing choices to make or are faced with a dilemma. The temptation is a part of that choice or dilemma. The card advises you to don’t automatically go for the easy solution. In other words, do not go for temptation. First, gather the information you need to make the right decision. If you face the problem wisely, it will lead you to greater things. Another meaning within The Lovers is harmony, attractiveness, and perfection in a relationship. The trust and the unity that the lovers have gives each of them confidence and strength. On a more personal level, the card is connected to your system of beliefs. This is one of the times when you figure out what you are going to stand for. The card advises you to make up your mind about what you find important in your life. You should be as true to yourself as you can be.
What does The Lovers card mean – reversed?
- “Reversed tarot card” is a card that appears to be upside down from your angle of vision. The card stands for breakups, conflicts, missed connections, power struggles, and personal fears about commitment. Reversed, it can signal a time when you’re out of sync with those around you, particularly your loved ones. A break in communication could be another possible interpretation. The Lovers reversed can also indicate that you have been avoiding responsibility for your actions. You could have made a decision that was based on your desire for immediate gratification but are now blaming others for the consequences that are happening to you. The card advises you to be accountable. You need to learn from your mistakes and let go. Concentrate on your personal belief systems and values, and develop a deeper understanding of your true self. This will help you to make better choices and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
What does The Lovers card mean – in Love?
- If you have a question or a wish for Tarot cards about love: There is nothing as powerful as receiving the Lovers tarot card during a reading. Love is the energy of life. The main implication of the upright Lovers tarot card is love, romance, attraction, and harmony. If you’re single, this card tells you that a passionate romance is on its way. Also, there is the possibility of a choice between two different lovers. If you are in a relationship, this card indicates a beautiful, connection with a loved one. This interpretation can also include committed partnerships in business, friendship, and more. Getting this card in a Love reading is also a sign that you can make your feelings clear with confidence that they will be reciprocated. If you wish for renewal, this will happen soon. The Lovers is one of the best cards you can get.
- Reversed: If you are in a relationship, the card can indicate that you and your partner are not on the same page anymore. You don’t feel as close as you used to. So, the card advises you to consider if you still love the other person. Think about the positive and negative aspects of your relationship. You may realize that your relationship is still worth fighting for. Or you may realize that t it’s time to separate. In both cases, hold on to your personal beliefs. Self-love and respect are what the reversed Lovers card stands for. If you are single the card indicates a relationship is coming your way but it may not happen as soon as you hoped. Also, it can suggest picking partners for the wrong reasons. A sexual connection, even an intense one, is not enough in itself to make a relationship work.
The Lovers Tarot card and Money
- If you have a question or a wish for tarot cards about money and Career: the Lovers in the tarot is all about renewal. So, when this card appears in reading it indicates that career and money changes can happen quickly. This isn’t always positive though. When your life is fully focused on your personal relationships, it is easy to lose track of finances, overspend, and make outlandish consumptions. In other words, the card may advise you to resist the temptation to be impulsive at work or with investments. Think about: what is it that you really desire and what steps can be taken to achieve your goals? The Lovers can signal a business partnership that is harmonious and beneficial. The Lovers tarot card can also suggest that there are big decisions that you need to make when it comes to your career. You may be at a crossroads, , or you may need to make choices between your work and other aspects of your life.
- Reversed: The card indicates conflicts between your colleagues or a business partner. You may need to have long discussions in order to agree to a decision that everyone can accept. If you have a business partner you need to communicate with them and ensure that you are both in agreement about the direction the business is taking. Or there may be one person that is doing all the work. The Lovers tarot card does indicate a romantic relationship started at your workplace but reversed, this can mean trouble for you. This romance could bring you trouble in your career. Be careful, make sure you understand, and are prepared to accept the consequences of mixing business with pleasure. Also, Your financial choices may be rather impulsive right now, meaning your long-term financial security can be threatened.
The Lovers Tarot card and Helth
- If you have a question or a wish for tarot cards about Health: the Lovers tarot card in a health context represents the growth of your own subjective principles and beliefs. It’s about getting clear about your own values and finding harmony within yourself. The card is telling you that, it is now time to set your belief system and decide what’s important to you. In the beginning, you may feel a little bit torn between your old thinking and a new perspective. But this is the first step toward a greater spiritual awakening.
- Reversed: The Lovers Tarot card in a reversed position indicates that you need to reconnect with how your body is feeling to bring harmony and health. You may feel like your body is working against you. But, you need to learn to be kind to your body. Your body is capable of amazing things but sometimes it needs rest to restore itself. Don’t get frustrated with your body. Just give it the time it needs to heal.
If you pulled The Lovers during your tarot reading, you should practice Vrksasana (vrksa meaning tree)
Yoga is an expression of body movement, breathing, meditation, and philosophy. Yoga and tarot heal the body by intersecting in multiple realms. They both create a bridge between your subconscious and conscious mind, use archetypes to reveal life lessons, work with the elements, serve as a guide for the appropriate practice, and help us cultivate our intuition and accomplish our life’s true self. Tarot cards are a divination tool made up of 78 images and qualities, split into 22 major arcana cards representing karmic lessons and 56 minor arcana cards representing day-to-day choices. Read more about TAROT YOGA.
- Tarot cards are a form of divination, which literally means working with the divine, or your higher self, which is the ultimate purpose of tarot cards, just like yoga. The tarot is in essence a soul map, a deep psychological guide to self-empowerment. Playing with Tarot cards is a conversation with your higher self. The cards always work. It’s not magic—tarot cards are a sacred mirror. There are now thousands of types of tarot decks. A traditional deck has 22 Major Arcana (or trumps) which are archetypal images.
- There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, sixteen Court or Personality cards; the Kings, Queens, Princes, and Pages. There are four elements or suits: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, with 10 cards in each. Above all, there are no inherently negative cards. Below is The World Tarot Card Meaning: love, health, money, and Yoga. See also our Free Online Tarot Readings , like popular Yes or No tarot, and 3 cards tarot.
Want to keep learning the meaning of the Tarot cards with The Tarot Guide? Check out our recommendations on The Best Tarot Books!
If you are looking for the best tarot decks for beginners search no more!
Want to keep learning the meaning of the Tarot cards with The Tarot Guide? Continue to the next card…
Originally posted 2021-01-31 22:13:03.