Yoga is an expression of body movement, breathing, meditation, and philosophy. Yoga and tarot heal the body by intersecting in multiple realms. They both create a bridge between your subconscious and conscious mind, use archetypes to reveal life lessons, work with the elements, serve as a guide for the appropriate practice, and help us cultivate our intuition and accomplish our life true self. Tarot cards are a divination tool made up of 78 images and qualities, split into 22 major arcana cards representing karmic lessons and 56 minor arcana cards representing day-to-day choices.
7 reasons for practicing Tarot Yoga
- Tarot Yoga brings Inner wisdom – Tarot, like yoga, is a tool for accessing the parts of the psyche that connect us to universal truths and inner wisdom. Many yoga poses have a rich story behind them, explaining a karmic or spiritual lesson
- Tarot Yoga is Healing physical or emotional imbalances -In yoga, the five elements of the universe are accepted as earth, air, fire, water, and ether. These are the same elements that make up the structure of the Tarot. The deck of minor arcana is divided into pentacles (earth), air (swords), wands (fire), water (cups). Ether can be realized in major arcana cards by representing ties to universal connection. Knowing which quality to cultivate during yoga practice can help us in healing for specific physical or emotional imbalances. Tarot utilizes the elements as healing modes when consulting the cards. We use the elemental qualities of a yoga posture to direct energy.
- Tarot Yoga is helping you in finding answers – Both activities bring us into a state of higher listening. That helps us become active observers of our present experiences. Doing so allows intuition to blossom as we become adept at finding answers to questions that are the most important for us.
- Tarot and yoga are pushing us forward. Both of them are practices and paths, that aid the soul in its unfolding. Each pushes us forward in unexpected ways, unleashing possibilities that we can scarcely imagine.
- Tarot Yoga is a fun and practical application of the tarot and yoga is to create a yoga practice that represents the quality of a card you pull. Think of it as a guide to building intentions around the asana you focus on or sequence of movements.
- Tarot Yoga is working with archetypes. Yoga asana imitates the archetypes of animals (such as dog, cat, fish) and objects (like Boat pose). We can hold an asana while breathing and meditating on the lessons of the pose, just as we may contemplate a tarot card. Placing a yoga pose with each major arcana card offers the tarot reader an opportunity to experience and embody the archetype in a fresh way.
YOGA TAROT PRACTICE
- Sit quietly for a few minutes with the tarot deck. Move your hand over the deck and as you feel drawn to a card, reach down and remove it from the deck.
- Place the card in front of you. And then meditate on the meaning. You can use tarot card interpretations on our site. Then, practice a yoga posture that is connected to this tarot card. Stay in the position just as long as your body allows it. It is important that the posture is comfortable.
- The best time for practicing Tarot Yoga is in the morning before you start your day.
- Yoga requires us to quiet ourselves enough to listen to our inner wisdom so we can apply it to our actions in the world. Tarot is a tool that fosters the same awareness of the self that is connected to the bigger picture by working with our innate intuition. Yoga and tarot can be used together as reminders of our wholeness – a combination of consciousness, archetypes, elements, and wisdom.
- Below is a detailed list of Tarot cards and yoga poses for each card. Soon…
Ask AstroTarot AI astrologer
Talk with our AstroTarot AI astrologer (powered by OpenAI) and ask anything about your horoscopes, astrology, tarot, and numerology.
The AstroTarot AI astrologer can give horoscopes based on birthdate (Data are not recorded). The AstroTarot AI astrologer can provide love horoscopes, weekly horoscopes, monthly horoscopes, numerology analysis, and tarot readings. Make the most detailed free natal chart and discuss results with AstroTarot AI astrologer.
Ask the AstroTarot AI astrologer directly, just as you would ask a real person. Answers will amaze and surprise you.
AstroTarot - Your Window to the Future!
Check out AstroTarot's Recommended Products, or make your personalized horoscope and natal chart with our most detailed free natal chart. If you like it, share this article freely with a link to the source.