Eight of Cups Tarot Card is the next card of Minor Arcana. Tarot cards are a form of divination, which literally means working with the divine, or your higher self, which is the ultimate purpose of tarot cards, just like yoga. The tarot is in essence a soul map, a deep psychological guide to self-empowerment. Playing with Tarot cards is a conversation with your higher self. The cards always work. It’s not magic—tarot cards are a sacred mirror. There are now thousands of types of tarot decks. A traditional deck has 22 Major Arcana (or trumps) which are archetypal images. Four different card suits make up the Minor Arcana: Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles. All of these suits contain 14 cards: 10 numbered cards, and four cards called court cards that include the Page, Knight, Queen, and King. Each of these four suits represents a different area of your life, so you know where to direct this guidance when one of these cards shows up in your Tarot reading. There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, sixteen Court or Personality cards; the Kings, Queens, Princes, and Pages. There are four elements or suits: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, with 10 cards in each. Above all, there are no inherently negative cards. Below is The Eight of Cups Tarot Card Meaning: love, health, money, and Tarot Yoga.
The Cups tarot cards
- The Cups Tarot cards represent your emotions, intuition, and relationships. These cards can guide you in love, and help you grow through understanding and processing your highest and lowest feelings. The suit of Cups in a classic Tarot deck consists of 14 Tarot cards, beginning with the Ace of Cups and progressing upward through the 10 of Cups, then concluding with the four Court cards, the Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Cups.
- Numerology: Eight (8) Eights are cards of work and change. These cards tell you that the only way to get where you want to be is to change what you’re doing right now.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card DESCRIPTION: illustration, colors, and symbolism
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card shows a man walking away from eight golden cups standing in the foreground. The man has turned his back on these cups with a sense of loss and disappointment and shuffles away into the mountains. It seems like the person is tired of those cups and is now setting out to finding a higher purpose or new adventures He walks with a tall staff, representing wisdom and knowledge. The cups are arranged in such a way that it looks like one is missing, a sign that emotional fulfillment and wholeness are lacking. The scenery is dominated by mountains and sinuous rivers, representing the challenges ahead of him and fresh things to explore. A nearby river symbolizes his emotions, and the mountains represent the awareness that this will not be an easy journey. The moon illuminating the night sky is symbolic of avoidance and the desire to escape a person or situation unnoticed. The Eight of Cups Tarot Card urges you to push forward once you have left something behind. Bigger and better adventures are surely in store. It also shows the willingness to detach yourself from others so that you can work on self-improvement, self-understanding, and growth. The Eight of Cups represents a person with a profound desire to escape the material world in order to find true happiness and success.
A statement that represents Eight of Cups Tarot Card: I am ready to leave behind anything that is hindering my spiritual growth!
Eight of Cups Tarot Card – IN GENERAL
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card is a sign of change or transition in your life, suggesting that you need to walk away from your existing routine in order to achieve fulfillment and success. The card represents abandonment and letting go. Maybe you have chosen to leave a relationship, friendship, home, or job behind. The card predicts this kind of loss and usually appears in readings where strong emotions are present. The card often signifies a disappointment, emotional setback, betrayal, or injury to the heart. This is a difficult card, but a realistic one, insofar as it warns against misplaced trust and unguarded vulnerability. Also, this card signifies to travel, so you may have a journey ahead of you. The Eight of Cups offers a gentle reminder that letting goes and accepting what is can be a much easier and healthier alternative. The Eight of Cups represents a person with a profound desire to escape the material world in order to find true happiness and success. This person has recently come to terms with their true selves, realizing that their priorities aren’t shared by the people they’re surrounded by.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card – UPRIGHT
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card in the upright position indicates that you feel compelled to walk away from a disappointing situation. This could manifest as a career change, a new lover, or the end of an old friendship. You have invested yourself emotionally but, despite your best efforts, are disappointed. Now, the only choice is to put it behind you and move on with your life, even if it brings you sadness as you say goodbye. It may not make sense to others, but you know it is time for you to let it go and move on. The card can be a sign that you are trying to escape a problematic emotional situation or avoiding some major psychological issues. You may repress your emotions or refuse to have open conversations with others about what’s happening. So, if you find yourself repeatedly in these Eight of Cups situations where you have no choice but to walk away, spend time exploring what will bring you true happiness, and realign your goals with your values. Although the future may be uncertain when once you decide to do this, know that it will be worth it. The only way to elevate to the next level is to leave the current one. More often, getting the Eight of Cups shows that one is tired of worldly things and is about to embark on a much more spiritual journey. And if that’s the case, then be happy, because change happens when we most need it.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card meaning REVERSED
- “Reversed tarot card” is a card that appears to be upside down from your angle of vision. Eight of Cups Tarot Card indicates that you may be caught between walking away from a disappointing situation or trying one last time to make things better. People around you have noticed this as well. The card indicates that you are very much on the fence about whether you should stick it out or walk away from the multiple challenging circumstances. Listen to your heart and trust your instincts before making any important decisions about your future. If the reversed card is paired with more passive cards such as the Hanged Man or the Four of Swords, then it may be a sign that you wish to try one more time. And if this card coupled with a more active card such as the Eight of Wands or Chariot, it may be time to move. Only you know whether this situation is serving you and if there is hope for the future. Eight of Cups Tarot Card indicates that you may feel as though you are constantly drifting from one place to the next. So, it can show that you are drifting from one place to the next because you never feel satisfied with staying in one place. Just ask yourself what makes you happy and how you can design your life in alignment with your deepest contentment.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card and LOVE
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card indicates that there are negative undercurrents in your love life. Your chances of salvaging this relationship are low and likely not worth the work. The fights you have been through and the obvious differences between the two of you are becoming increasingly difficult to overcome. So, the card can signify either you or your partner walking away from the relationship. It often represents leaving a bad relationship. You may be so weary from the relationship that you feel you have no other option but to let it go. There is often some soul-searching that needs to be done about whether your partnership is one that truly fulfills you. It takes a lot of courage to look honestly within, as well as to walk away from a life that the two of you have built together. If you are single, this card could be a sign that something new is about to unfold. You may have recently ended a poisonous relationship or faced a period of profound emptiness as a result of being single for too long. If you put yourself out there, someone new and exciting is bound to come your way. You may be afraid to start a new relationship due to abandonment issues or past heartache. The best thing you can do is remind yourself not to assume everyone will hurt you simply because you have been hurt in the past.
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card suggests that you are unable to let go of an unhappy relationship for fear of change and being alone. You are great at pretending everything is fine, but you are not helping your relationship by maintaining the status quo. But, on the inside things have become monotonous and stagnant. It can also indicate fear of commitment or lack of emotional maturity causing problems in a relationship. If you’re single, the card indicates that you are scaring potential partners by being too clingy and intense early in the dating phase. Your lack of self-esteem is your biggest enemy. You will not find love until you resolve your own issues. Understand your true worth and what you really want from a partner. Also, the Eight of Cups Tarot Card may indicate that you may be running from relationships as soon as they get serious as you fear commitment. Give yourself time to get a clear head about what you need to do, and address whatever it is that prevents you from moving on.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card and MONEY
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card can indicate that you may walk away from a job or business that you no longer find fulfilling. Whether it’s the economy, poor management, or some other factor that’s out of your control, be prepared for challenges ahead. It may be time to branch out into something new, or possibly start looking for a way to supplement your income until you regain your stability. The Eight of Cups Tarot Card can also simply indicate traveling in relation to work. Financially speaking, warns to make prudent financial plans and to be smart with your money. Be sure you are aware of what’s going on with your money and if you are not happy with your financial advisers don’t be afraid to let them go and hire someone you trust. Mismanaged money or perhaps an overly ambitious investment strategy is causing you significant financial strain. Pay attention to your investment portfolio and bank accounts. Careful budgeting should quickly put you back in good financial standing. In some cases, the Eight of Cups can indicate a financial loss, look to supporting cards for confirmation.
- Eight of Cups Tarot Card indicates that despite being unfulfilled in your job, you’re staying where you are because of an irrational fear of change. You have come to accept minimal satisfaction in life because you are not motivated enough to pursue better options. You may have not explored all the options available to you, instead choosing to accept your lot in life. The card is challenging you to push yourself into unknown waters, as that’s where the potential for great success lies. Be brave and go for what you want. Even if you don’t get everything you want, you will at the very least know that you tried. Financially speaking, it can signify clinging to a job or business that you should be walking away from because you are afraid of losing the financial security it gives you. Your career and your money are very closely linked. The uncomfortable changes you need to make to your career path will affect your finances.
Eight of Cups Tarot Card and HEALTH
- Upright: Eight of Cups Tarot Card in a health context indicates that all the negativity in your life is taking a toll on your health, both mentally and physically. you may be spending too much time dwelling on the negative things in your life. You may feel like everything bad that has happened recently was out of your control. Whether you are responsible or not, the only way for you to feel better now is to move on and move forward. Break the cycle by getting a full medical check-up, doing regular exercise, and eating a balanced diet. If you are having issues with feelings of anxiety or depression, it is best to get help. Also, try to shift your focus. A positive outlook may help your health improve. A holiday might do you the world of good.
- Reversed: Eight of Cups Tarot Card indicates that you are keeping yourself in a situation that is having a negative impact on your health. So, you need to weigh what is impacting your health and what you can do to improve current situation. You have the power to improve your health, whether that means changing your diet, taking up exercise or letting go of the things in your life that are causing you undue stress. It is time to acknowledge the negative habits that have been damaging your health. The only way to change the cycle is to break it. Your health is something you have the power to change for the better in the immediate future. Consider all the options and maybe even write down the pros and cons. This will definitely help you to make the right decision.
Yoga is an expression of body movement, breathing, meditation, and philosophy. Yoga and tarot heal the body by intersecting in multiple realms. They both create a bridge between your subconscious and conscious mind, use archetypes to reveal life lessons, work with the elements, serve as a guide for the appropriate practice, and help us cultivate our intuition and accomplish our life’s true self. Tarot cards are a divination tool made up of 78 images and qualities, split into 22 major arcana cards representing karmic lessons and 56 minor arcana cards representing day-to-day choices. Read GUIDE FOR TAROT YOGA.
If you pulled The Eight of Cups Tarot Card your tarot reading, you should practice Parighasana or Gate Pose.
Want to keep learning the meaning of the Tarot cards with The Tarot Guide? Continue to the next card…Nine of Cups.