- Natal Vertex – Ascendant aspects are called “Calling Ascendant” because they are not possible. Depending on the house location of the Vertex in the natal chart, the Planet of that house will bring a lesson involving the area of the house it’s in. This planet ‘lights up the house area of the vertex person. There are tremendous opportunities for growth in that area of our life. See also the interpretations for Vertex in the Houses and Ascendant signs to see what specific parts of your life this aspect will take place in. It is important for natal chart interpretation.
- The planet that rules the astrological sign of the ascendant is called the chart ruler and is said to be of particular importance. So for example, if the ascendant sign is Gemini, Mercury will be the chart ruler, and so ‘set the tone for the chart in many ways.
- In conclusion, unaspected Vertex or Ascendant has no direct influence on other planets and is also not influenced. So they can exhibit extremes in their effects. This is noticed particularly in an all-or-nothing attitude: quick to exaggerate, or precisely the opposite: not responsive in the least.
- A planet with no aspect is not weak, not insignificant, and not bad. On the contrary, many people that achieved extraordinary things had help from an unaspected planet in the natal chart. With those planets, the question is not, whether you can achieve anything with them because you definitely can. Instead, the question is how you go about it and how that feels inside. An isolated planet has to do everything by itself.
A Statement that represents the Natal Vertex – Ascendant aspects (Calling Ascendant): extremes!
- Your ascendant determines the way others see you and what you expect from the world around you. The Ascendant Sign is specific to the time and place of your birth. It is the Zodiac Sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at the moment you were born.
- The Vertex in astrology is a karmic point that needs activation to bring out its power. The vertex falls on the western side of the natal chart, with the anti-vertex found exactly 180 degrees away, on the eastern or the ascendant side. Three things can activate the vertex: transits, other people (synastry) and places. The vertex is an astrological concept that is not very well known but of fundamental importance for natal chart interpretation. When interpreting a birth chart, the “chart ruler” is the planetary ruler of the sign on the Ascendant, or first house. For example, if Aries is the Ascendant, the chart ruler would be Mars.
Typical features when Ascendant does not make major aspects – Calling Ascendant:
Mars without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Aries your ruling planet is Mars: Mars without aspects will be strongly dedicated to the job. You will be interested often in sports, in the military, industry, or as an entrepreneur. If Mars is not working, the energy will find a way out in adventures, activism, or by showing very high and very low levels of energy and drive. Hyperactivity disorder can be one of the ways to manifest a calling Mars (unaspected Mars). The other side of this is that one day you do not fight back at all. And the next time you surprise your enemies and people around you with your fire and anger.
Venus without aspects
If your Ascendant sign is Taurus your ruling planet is Venus: Venus without aspects will be strongly dedicated to love. Venus is seeking love, kindness, and sympathy. With Venus without aspects, style, beauty, charm, and diplomacy will be often used in the profession. Venus has an important influence in the natal charts of diplomats, stylists, beauties, and those working in the field of entertainment and pleasure. But, if you are male, when the ladies ‘call’ you, it is hard to resist their call. If you are a woman, sometimes it is vanity beyond any level.
Mercury without aspects
If your Ascendant sign is Gemini your ruling planet is Mercury: Mercury without aspects will be strongly dedicated to communications. Mercury is the messenger of the gods. The Mercury without aspects is always seeking contacts. It is looking for and ways to communicate as a writer, reporter, or transporter, or even delivering messages or packages. The messenger doesn’t always want to listen to what others think of the message. You are all about talk, talk, talk. Or you are all about complete silence. Sometimes if you have Mercury with a ‘calling’ is simply not a person to reason with.
Moon without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Cancer your ruling planet is Moon: Moon without aspects will be strongly dedicated to the children. The moon represents needs and care. The Moon without aspects attracts children. In other words, everything correlated to children like education, care, nurture will be highlighted. This calling Moon will shine on habits and daily needs. The Moon is of great influence on you when you want to keep memories alive when you play a certain role on stage. The other side of the calling Moon is that your needs are so important, that sometimes you are overruled by your needs. If this Moon rises before the Sun, you will be led by needs and emotions. Or you may neglect your needs and emotions.
Sun without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Leo your ruling planet is Sun: Sun without aspects will be strongly dedicated to the leadership, spotlight. The sun represents life, vitality, shining, and being in the center of it all, being in the center of attention. The sun without aspects (calling Sun) highlights leadership, show, performance. This sun calls for drawing attention at any possible level. The negative side of a ‘calling’ Sun could be that you tend to be bossy, dominant, and like to play the starring role, always.
Mercury without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Virgo your ruling planet is Mercury: Mercury without aspects will be strongly dedicated to communications. Mercury is the messenger of the gods. The Mercury without aspects is always seeking contacts. It is looking for and ways to communicate as a writer, reporter, or transporter, or even delivering messages or packages. The messenger doesn’t always want to listen to what others think of the message. You are all about talk, talk, talk. Or you are all about complete silence. Sometimes if you have Mercury with a ‘calling’ is simply not a person to reason with.
Venus without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Libra your ruling planet is Venus: Venus without aspects (calling Venus) will be strongly dedicated to love in any possible way. Venus is seeking love, kindness, and sympathy. With Venus without major aspects in the natal chart, style, beauty, charm, and diplomacy will be used in the profession. Venus is important in the charts of diplomats, stylists, beauties, artists, and those working in the field of entertainment and pleasure. But, if you are male, when the ladies ‘call’ you, it is hard to resist their call. If you are a woman, sometimes it is vanity beyond any level.
Pluto without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Scorpio your ruling planet is Pluto: Pluto without aspects (calling Venus) will be strongly dedicated to anything that’s hidden beneath the surface. Pluto is seeking challenges and influence by using force and authority or values (money). Strong men have Pluto without aspects in their natal chart. Also, Pluto is also ‘calling’ those who do dangerous work or they work where strategy is needed (in politics, for example). The negative side of Pluto without aspect is that you need more and more power and can’t resist the challenge to prove how strong, powerful and rich you are. In certain cases, this is too dangerous for you and for others.
Jupiter without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Sagittarius your ruling planet is Jupiter: Jupiter without aspects (calling Jupiter) will be strongly dedicated to good luck and the abilities to improve yourselves. Jupiter is seeking a conviction or religion and wants development. A Jupiter without aspects will be an international, traveler, someone with a strong conviction, showing the way. You are often a coach or a trip guide. Jupiter people like to guide others. Calling Jupiter knows best, always. That is sometimes hard for the others around you.
Saturn without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Capricorn your ruling planet is Saturn: Saturn without aspects (calling Saturn) will be strongly dedicated to the Development of the Self and our strict teacher who is able to ruthlessly examine our maturity. Saturn without major aspects will be found in the charts of those who work in the government, construction, with the elderly, or in any hierarchy. The urge to find material stability might lead to criminal activity, in certain circumstances. And when you climb too high, you might fall down quickly.
Uranus without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Aquarius your ruling planet is Uranus: Uranus without aspects (calling Uranus) will be strongly dedicated to the practical visions of life. Uranus is seeking sensation, new items, and news. That is why you will likely be driven to gadgets, the latest findings, technology, inventions, and news of all kinds. Journalists, inventors, engineers, computer freaks, and technocrats are among those with Uranus without aspects. Sometimes it is the signature of the outsider or rebel. You just need to stir things up and cause a scene when Uranus calls you to change atmospheres.
Neptune without aspects:
If your Ascendant sign is Pisces your ruling planet is Neptune: Neptune without aspects (calling Neptune) will be strongly dedicated to deeper dimensions of life and forces of Nature. Neptune is seeking mysticism, romance, rest, ideals. The non-material world belongs to Neptune. Drugs, chemistry, perfume, movies, religion, and spirituality are connected to Neptune. When you dream without limitations there is always a chance to end up in a world of dreams.
Typical features when your Vertex has many major aspects:
- Individuals with too many conjunctions: Many astrologists think that having conjunctions everywhere is a good thing, because it is a positive aspect. It would mean that the person with all the conjunctions is even more like the sign which everything seems conjunct in. Positive traits and negative traits are much more apt to being magnified than if they only had one planet in that specific sign. But it is always good to have a certain balance or aspects. It makes a person more grounded and sane.
- Individuals with too many oppositions: Firstly, they tend to worry too much about what people will talk about them. Secondly, they take things personally as water signs usually do. There is a strange complexity in the air when they are around. Also, these people have a fear of judgment and imagine a riot before it happens.
- Individuals with too many squares: Firstly, you are usually in constant tension. You are giving a major time to adjust the scenarios. Also, you are usually striving for some more action. Secondly, you are very well known for your abrupt behavior. That causes you to be stressed out to the point of having a breakdown.
- Individuals with too many sextiles: Firstly, you tend to be too lazy and comfortable. For you, changing is hard and suffering. It is very hard for you to learn that you are stuck in a comfort zone. Secondly, Sextiles create wonderful abilities instead of owning them. In conclusion, your biggest work here is to realize how much you could be missing while sitting back and just relaxing.
- Individuals with too many trines: Firstly, you tend to forget your best and the most talented self. So, you need to keep reminding yourself of their hidden creative spots and what needs to be done. Secondly, you have to work harder to realize such beautiful things in you.
There are no minor aspects that are possible or relevant between Vertex and Ascendant.