King of Cups Tarot Card is the next card of Minor Arcana. Tarot cards are a form of divination, which literally means working with the divine, or your higher self, which is the ultimate purpose of tarot cards, just like yoga. The tarot is in essence a soul map, a deep psychological guide to self-empowerment. Playing with Tarot cards is a conversation with your higher self. The cards always work. It’s not magic—tarot cards are a sacred mirror. There are now thousands of types of tarot decks. A traditional deck has 22 Major Arcana (or trumps) which are archetypal images. Four different card suits make up the Minor Arcana: Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles. All of these suits contain 14 cards: 10 numbered cards, and four cards called court cards that include the Page, Knight, Queen, and King. Each of these four suits represents a different area of your life, so you know where to direct this guidance when one of these cards shows up in your Tarot reading. There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, sixteen Court or Personality cards; the Kings, Queens, Princes, and Pages. There are four elements or suits: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, with 10 cards in each. Above all, there are no inherently negative cards. Below is The King of Cups Tarot Card Meaning: love, health, money, and Tarot Yoga.
A statement that represents King of Cups Tarot Card: I nurture and guide those who need it!
The Cups tarot cards
- The Cups Tarot cards represent your emotions, intuition, and relationships. These cards can guide you in love, and help you grow through understanding and processing your highest and lowest feelings. The suit of Cups in a classic Tarot deck consists of 14 Tarot cards, beginning with the Ace of Cups and progressing upward through the 10 of Cups, then concluding with the four Court cards, the Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Cups.
- Kings Tarot cards: The Kings activate their strengths with authority and power. These cards tell you that you have what it takes to succeed. But, you must believe in everything that you are.
King of Cups Tarot Card DESCRIPTION: illustration, colors, and symbolism
- King of Cups Tarot Card shows a king sitting on his large stone throne that’s surrounded by water. He wears a blue tunic and a gold cape, a symbol of his authority and status. The red and yellow colors on his cape symbolize passion and intellect, while his blue cloak represents wisdom. A small fish amulet hangs around his neck symbolizing his creativity. In his right hand, he holds a cup representing the emotions. In the other, he holds a scepter, showing power and control. Unlike the other Cups court cards, he doesn’t look at his cup and seems to be focused elsewhere; perhaps he has already mastered his emotional self and doesn’t need to concentrate as hard on this facet of himself. The King of Cups appears to be floating on a granite block in the middle of a turbulent sea. These waters symbolize the fine line where the conscious and subconscious minds come together Behind him on his right, a fish jumps out of the ocean, while on the left, a ship sails steadily despite the waves. He stares off into the distance as if in deep thought, suggesting that he thinks his actions through before making a move. This King stays calm and balanced, even in turbulent conditions. He has learned how to stay open to his emotions and unconscious impulses, without being overwhelmed by them. His posture is astute and at attention. He is calm and confident, but aware of his actions and of how those actions affect those around him.
King of Cups Tarot Card – IN GENERAL
- King of Cups Tarot Card is the fourteenth card in the Cups suit. This card represents warmth, honesty, kindness, and fair play. He tends to appear when we are emotionally stable. The card symbolizes serenity in the face of adversity, calmly reminding us that we too possess the inner wisdom and maturity to rise to the various challenges life throws at us. So, the card represents maturity, creative thinking, and wisdom. You might think this card has strong masculine energy, but it has a lot to do with emotions, as well. When this card comes up, it speaks of compassion and kindness. The King is strong and powerful, but he is aware of his feelings and the feelings of those around him. The King of Cups represents a person that possesses a perfect balance of positive male and female energy. While at times he can appear distant with little interest in the affairs of others, rest assured that he’s still taking notes and is a benefactor who only wants the very best for everyone.
King of Cups Tarot Card – UPRIGHT
- King of Cups Tarot Card is a powerful symbol of balance and harmony. So, you can be confident your immediate future will be full of promise. The card in the upright position signifies growing into a more responsible person. You are entering an era where you will be more aware of how your actions affect those around you. You will soon be entering a period of peace and prosperity. When this card turns up in a Tarot reading, you have gained control of your feelings and can accept them without allowing them to get the better of you. Even when life throws you a curveball, you can draw on your emotional maturity and stability to help you navigate these challenges. The card embodies the perfect balance between the executive and the heart. You cannot only assess and manage a situation logically, but you can also draw upon your intuition and understanding of human interactions. The King of Cups is compassionate towards others, creating strong bonds and relationships based on patience and understanding. As you interact with others, you may need to navigate their strong feelings and emotional triggers so you can create a sense of peace in your interactions. He may appear in your life as a mentor, coach, or spiritual guide; or you may step into this role yourself.
King of Cups Tarot Card meaning REVERSED
- “Reversed tarot card” is a card that appears to be upside down from your angle of vision. King of Cups Tarot Card is telling you to get a better grip on your emotions. You’ve allowed them to get way out of control and doing so has enabled a situation to develop that is doing you no good. When the reversed King of Cups Tarot Card appears in your spread, you may be more prone to emotional upset and drama. You may feel moody, depressed, anxious, and unpredictable. You may also lack in self-compassion, beating yourself up over small things that have gone wrong. Also, the card could show that you are repressing your emotions. Your feelings are bottling up inside you, and you are at risk of an emotional outburst. If this resonates, consider finding a therapist to help you to work through your feelings in a safe environment. At worst, the reversed King of Cups Tarot Card can represent someone who is vindictive and has a talent for being able to punish others through emotional manipulation. If this sounds like someone you have met in the past, you still have work to do in releasing yourself from his controlling forces. In conclusion, pay attention to your emotional balance and find your place of calm and compassion. Other people may trigger these emotional responses in you, but it’s up to you to stay in control.
King of Cups Tarot Card and LOVE
- King of Cups Tarot Card indicates that you can rest comfortably in the knowledge that your partner’s expressions of undying love are sincere and their motivations genuine. It is the good husband, partner, or father card. You should be finding a lot of emotional fulfillment when it appears and petty arguments should be at a minimum. Romance and affection should be abundant. If you have been having a tough time emotionally, this card shows that there will be support there for you within the relationship. King of Cups Tarot Card is a great sign in a love reading, particularly for women who are looking for a long-term partner to settle down with. You have no reason to fear being alone for very long. Your romantic life is only going to get better now. The new partner is generally older or at least very emotionally mature and is generous with his time, money, and advice. Above all this person values family. When emotional tensions are high, their calm and collected responses are just what everyone needs to maintain peace. The love you find is sure to be deep and rewarding.
- King of Cups Tarot Card is not a great card to get. It can indicate you or your partner becoming emotionally unstable and cause problems in the relationship. One of you may be going through a tough time emotionally and may not be treating the other with the love and kindness they deserve. So, you may need to take some time to get control of your emotions. You need to resolve whatever issues are causing this upheaval. It can also represent cheating, and in the extreme negative can be a sign of abuse. If that is your situation, seek professional support to create a safe for yourself. It’s quite possible you may determine it’s not worth much at all. If you are single, the card can indicate an affair with a married man. Or, it can represent a potential partner who will be cold, calculating, and controlling. It can also be a warning to be mindful of your personal safety when dating as it can be an indicator of violence or abuse. The man it represents can appear to be quite charming and kind but he is a dangerous manipulator. Also, the King of Cups Tarot Card can indicate that a potential partner will be emotionally immature and become clingy and needy.
King of Cups Tarot Card and MONEY
- King of Cups Tarot Card can indicate that an older male may offer you support or guidance in a career context. Also, it can be an indication that you will find your diplomacy skills to resolve any career issues. You care as much about achieving your goals and objectives as you do about making sure everyone is happy and engaged along the way. You will be well-liked and respected by your coworkers. Remember to give your career the focus it needs but do not give it your undivided attention. If you are looking for a career path, it can be an indicator that working in a caring or healing field would suit you. It can also indicate that you would do well in a creative or artistic field. Financially speaking the card is usually a sign that you are financially stable and secure. But it can also be an indication that you lack balance in your financial dealings. With respect to finances, you are going to need to sit down with a pen and paper and start budgeting. This doesn’t mean your money situation is about to take a turn for the worse, only that you have a few expensive habits you can’t afford and need to start being more responsible with the money.
- King of Cups Tarot Card can indicate that you may have to deal with a ruthless, cold, or emotionally unstable male in your workplace. This can also indicate how you are behaving in your work environment if the card represents you. It can also be an indication that you have chosen a career merely for the money and that you are getting no fulfillment from it. So, think about changing your career path. If you work in a creative field, this card can be an indication that you are feeling creatively blocked. Try to reconnect with your love of creative expression and you will soon find the creativity flowing again. Financially speaking the card is a warning not to be trusting. You may find it difficult to control your spending, or make logical and well-informed decisions. It indicates that you may be a risk of falling victim to a con artist or extortionist. Be very careful who you trust.
King of Cups Tarot Card and HEALTH
- Upright: King of Cups Tarot Card in a health context can indicate healing and is a positive card to get. It reminds you to treat yourself with empathy and kindness. On the emotional front, you will be feeling stable and secure. You should be feeling emotionally positive about your health. In regards to physical health, the King of Cups Tarot Card indicates healing and deliverance from sickness and disease. If you’ve been having a lot of health concerns lately you can let go of your worries as the card represents only the most positive of outcomes. No illness is about to sneak up on you and ruin it.
- Reversed: King of Cups Tarot Card in a health context reversed is generally an indication that something in your lifestyle or environment is negatively affecting your health and well-being. It can indicate alcohol or drug abuse issues as the emotionally overwhelmed King turns to vices as a coping mechanism. You need to take responsibility for your choices and make healthier choices to improve your health. You need to be especially vigilant with regard to your drug and alcohol intake. You need to do some real soul-searching and determine what’s been causing you to act this way and rectify the situation before you do real harm to yourself and those around you.
- Yoga is an expression of body movement, breathing, meditation, and philosophy. Yoga and tarot heal the body by intersecting in multiple realms. They both create a bridge between your subconscious and conscious mind, use archetypes to reveal life lessons, work with the elements, serve as a guide for the appropriate practice, and help us cultivate our intuition and accomplish our life’s true self. Tarot cards are a divination tool made up of 78 images and qualities, split into 22 major arcana cards representing karmic lessons and 56 minor arcana cards representing day-to-day choices. Read GUIDE FOR TAROT YOGA.
- If you pulled King of Cups Tarot Card in your tarot reading, you should practice Padangushthasana, or Big Toe Pose.
- Want to keep learning the meaning of the Tarot cards with The Tarot Guide? Continue to the next card… Ace of Pentacles Tarot Card.