Mercury – Neptune aspects suggests a connection between the rational mind, intuition and imagination. Depending on the nature of the signs involved, one might expect a sensitive way of communicating. With those aspects, you have some special knowledge of what is going on in the world – that can seem like magic. Finding out what is unique and to express it will allow you to figure out where you stand. See also the interpretations for Mercury in the Houses and Neptune in the Houses to see what specific parts of your life this aspect will take place in. It is important for natal chart interpretation.
Statement that represents the Natal Mercury and Neptune aspects: experiencing the the world on another level!!
Neptune is called the Lord of the Invisible Empire. Neptune represents a dimension of life that cannot be experienced by our five senses. We can only understand and perceive it in our imagination. Below is natal Sun-Saturn aspects interpretation. Below is Natal Mercury – Neptune aspects interpretation.
Mercury conjunct Neptune
- Typical features that this conjunction brings: you are highly intuitive and creative. You have a real appreciation for artistic and literary activities. Above all you love fiction and fantasy. It can be hard for you to focus on straight facts, or to be objective. That is because you are often found daydreaming. You are excellent at visualization and creative expression. Also, there can be a lot of hesitation or confusion in your self-expression. But, generally other people find you intriguing and creative. Your imagination is strong, and it often colors your perceptions. Routine or dull learning programs are unlikely to stimulate you. You long to connect to something higher and larger. That is why you tend to glamorize or dramatize. The creative and imaginative aspects of Neptune often indicate a talent for art. With reassurance and acceptance, your abilities can turn out to be valuable talents. This would need some high standards though and learning to decipher truth from fiction. If this conjunction forms stressful aspects, you may have problems paying attention or be prone to dreamy, nebulous, or illogical thinking.
- Positive traits: This Mercury – Neptune aspects indicate an active imagination, sensitive perceptions, and heightened intuition. Your incredible creativity and imagination can lead to career in the arts such as painting, dance or theater, as well as healing or other fields of communication, where your ideas can touch and inspire others. You have a gift for sensing public moods and anticipating future trends.
- Negative traits: It may become a problem deciphering what is real and what is not, what is important and what is just background noise. Your mind does not function in a linear, logical manner and you are often unable to express your thoughts in simple, everyday language.
Mercury opposition Neptune
- Typical features that this opposition brings: gives a vivid imagination and creative talent but can cause disappointment in close relationships. You might have problems concentrating. That is because your mind is often wandering. Your thinking is imaginative, intuitive and creative. Stretching the truth, whether done consciously or not is connected with this aspect. Also, you are bored with anything dull, routine, or lifeless. Above all, you often dramatize or connect higher meaning to ordinary situations. Logical, detail-oriented work and studies are not designed for your way of thinking. Creative presentations, ripe with images are what grab your attention and interest. Your style of communication is often self-defeating. Planning ahead is not a preference. You prefer to move along running on the fuel of inspiration and intuition. Your style of communication may be with many pauses or digressions. Learning to discipline and focus your mind is necessary if you wish to use all of your creative potential. Seek a second opinion and learn the other side of the story because you have a tendency to believe in conspiracy theories or ideologies and religions based on fantasy. Your imaginative view of reality may even see you rise to the top in politics it seems.
- Positive traits: With this natal Mercury – Neptune aspects your mind is highly imaginative and creative. And you possess dramatic, artistic, or musical abilities.
- Negative traits: over sensitivity to your environment causes confusion when you start to interact with others. Miscommunication is common and can easily spiral into accusations of deception and lying. This makes it difficult to keep up healthy relationships because of confusion, mistrust and suspicion.
Mercury square Neptune
- Typical features that this square brings: you see and sense the world through a different lens than anyone else. This distorting influence of Neptune can have an adverse effect on your relationships. Also, you are bored with anything dull, routine, or lifeless. Above all, you often dramatize or connect higher meaning to ordinary situations. Logical, detail-oriented work and studies are not designed for your way of thinking. Creative presentations, ripe with images are what grab your attention and interest. Your style of communication is often self-defeating. Planning ahead is not a preference. You prefer to move along running on the fuel of inspiration and intuition. Your style of communication may be with many pauses or digressions. Learning to discipline and focus your mind is necessary if you wish to use all of your creative potential. Confusion can enter into close relationships if you cannot learn to focus or concentrate on the basics of language. You are very sensitive to criticism or rejection so it is important you try to find other spiritual or artistic types to hang around. Depending on other aspects, other people may take advantage of you. Also, you often close yourself in your own fantasy word. And you do not have a very good short-term memory.
- Positive traits: Music, art, and poetry are also excellent ways to show off your creative talents and vivid imagination.
- Negative traits: This natal Mercury – Neptune aspects complicates practical life. You can misunderstand others and they can misunderstand you. You are changing your opinion often and unexpectedly. When you get in trouble you do not hesitate to use lies. Also, you are aware of your special abilities but you are not always able to use them. Others may find it hard to deal with your chaotic thinking and lack of order.
Mercury sextile Neptune
- Typical features that this sextile brings – This is harmonious aspect. You are creative, perceptive, and imaginative. Also, you draw on your imagination and intuition to come to conclusions. You easily sense the thoughts and feelings of other people. Above all, you are adaptable in your communications. You pay attention to how your words are received. Others should like hanging around you as you know when they are feeling down. Also, you can be sympathetic when others are not. You will also sense when someone is a negative or mean person. You have an appreciation and for the arts, poetry, fiction, spirituality and advertising. Your voice can be harmonic or melodious. And you should have a good sense of tone and rhythm. Music is obviously a good choice of hobby or career. You might believe in things that others discard. Many of you have psychic ability, or at least very good hunches. This aspect is an indicator of psychic ability, or at the very least, a strong and accurate intuition and perceptive skills. Because you can act like a sponge to all vibrations, negative energies will have a negative impact on your general well-being. You may, have some difficulty in handling complex mathematics or science that need strict adherence to rules. You would have a talent for, relaxation methods and anything of a spiritual nature. This could include yoga, meditation, lucid dreaming. Healing through your hands or words (written or vocal) may be of interest.
- Positive traits: You express yourself with subtle flair, sensitivity, and perhaps some charming quirkiness. Also, you are naturally open to metaphysical or spiritual concepts. Communication is a strong point.
- Negative traits: You do not have a good sense for detail. And, you may find it hard to cope with the practical and material aspects of life.
Mercury trine Neptune
- Typical features that this trine brings: this is another harmonious aspect. Those with the trine between the Mercury and Uranus have incorporated the traits of the aspect into their personalities, expressing them naturally. This harmonious aspect gives you great fantasy and a good taste for art. No matter what your vivid imagination dreams up, you can easily convince others of its merits. That is because of your smooth and non-threatening style of communication. This aspect is an indicator of psychic ability, or at the very least, a strong and accurate intuition and perceptive skills. Because you can act like a sponge to all vibrations, negative energies will have a negative impact on your general well-being. You may, have some difficulty in handling complex mathematics or science that need strict adherence to rules. You would have a talent for, relaxation methods and anything of a spiritual nature. This could include yoga, meditation, lucid dreaming. Healing through your hands or words may be of interest. All of your senses are finely tuned to pick up the vibration energy from other people and your environment.
- Positive traits: This natal Mercury – Neptune aspects gives a mesmerizing allure which can make you the center of attention. Such magical appeal and popularity can even make you look more attractive on the stage and screen. Also, you have genuine artistic and creative talents. So, you have the complete package for entertaining others. Technical subjects and facts may not be your strong point. But, the arts, creativity and spirituality definitely are. Also, vivid dreaming and daydreaming come with this aspect. Also, you are naturally open to metaphysical or spiritual concepts.
- Negative traits: You are too trusting and sometimes you have to pay a big price for it.
Minor aspects that are possible or relevant for natal chart interpretation between the Mercury and the Neptune:
Mercury Inconjunct Neptune
Lots of time and energy can be wasted when you plan on things that are way out of reach. Your imagination and ideals assist you well when you are careful. In other words, you need to learn to to keep the sequence of essential happenings in mind and accept your own idiosyncrasies. Often, you promise more than you can deliver. In conclusion, self-honesty is not easy. But, it is essential in order to develop.
Mercury Sesquiquadrate Neptune
With this Mercury – Neptune aspects, you may feel quite confused when it comes to issues of self-assertion. That is because, your parents has probably left you feeling that other people should come first. As you gain more experience, you will learn that this is not the case. In other words, you will learn to stand up for yourself more confidently. So, your well-developed imagination can be released for pursuit of your spiritual goals.