- Moonstone is a stone of “new beginnings”. It is strongly associated with the moon and intuition. Like the moon, the stone is reflective and reminds us that it is all part of the circle of change. Its greatest effect is – settling emotions. Moonstone makes us aware of the unconscious and stimulates our intuition and empathy. Causes lucid dreams when the Moon is full. Moonstone is traditionally used to reinforce extrasensory abilities and to develop clairvoyance. It can be worn as a pendant to facilitate the acceptance of your supra-sensual gifts.
- Psychologically, Moonstone decreases the hasty reactions. Stone is filled with passive, feminine energy. It helps men who are trying to reach out to the female side of their personality. It is the perfect antidote to overly macho men or overly aggressive women.
Mentally, Moonstone opens the mind. You must be careful because it can cause hallucinations in response to strong desires. Emotionally it soothes emotional instability and stress and stabilizes emotions. Physically, Moonstone powerfully affects the female reproductive cycle reduces anxiety during the menstrual cycle, and harmonizes the hormonal system.
HEALING EFFECTS of the Moonstone
Moonstone helps the digestive and reproductive system; assimilates nutrients, eliminates toxins and excess fluid, and alleviates degenerative conditions of the skin, hair, eyes, liver, and pancreas. Excellent for PMS, conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. The elixir of lunar stone was used for insomnia, and to prevent the Moon Walking (sleepwalking).
This stone is one of the strongest stones to guide you through hard times. Also, this is a very powerful stone if you want to attract the right and positive people into your life if you are looking for a new relationship or a love romance.
POSITIONING AND USE of MOONSTONE
Wear as a ring or put at the head of a spiritual experience, and solar plexus or the heart for emotions. Women should remove the moonstone on a full moon. This stone is associated with Crown chakras and the Third Eye. Also, this stone is an excellent aid to meditation, because it helps to calm the physical mind from overthinking and the chatter. This crystal allows you to be in the present time and space with no distractions from the outside world.
When you use Moonstone at the Crown it gently opens this chakra and allows the cosmos’ positive energies and the natural world to flow through us and into us, like a pure white light of love and healing. When you use Moonstone to clear the Third Eye’s energetic blockages stone will allow you to see life with insight, clarity, and intuition.
4.4 of 5 stars
“I’m absolutely in love with it! The stone is gorgeous! As soon as I put it on, I felt a shift of positivity running through me pushing negativity out!” – Dorothy Gore
– Greeks called it selenite, after the goddess of the moon Selene, because of a slight bluish iridescent color.
– Romans believed that it had captured the moon, and Pliny about him says, “He is the image of the month is changing from day to day.”
– An Arab’s moonstone was donated as a cornerstone of fertility.
– Hindus consider it a sacred stone and believe it brings good dreams, and happiness, and awakens passion with your lover. Arab women wear it stitched into clothing because they believe it is a symbol of fertility.
– Moonstone is considered a lover’s stone. It brings luck in love because it encourages gentle emotions in people who wear it. It has medicinal properties and brings sweet dreams, and if held in the mouth on the night of the full moon it allows its owner to see the future. Its power increases with a full moon. So, you need to leave it in the open to absorb moonbeams.
It earns the moniker “garden stone” due to its assistance in the growth and development of vegetables.