The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. But, the houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. The houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. The houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses. Below are the interpretations of Mars in the astrological houses. You can use it for natal chart interpretation.
- 1 Statement that represents the Mars – I act!
- 2 The Mars in the 1st house
- 3 The House of self!
- 4 The Mars in the 2nd house
- 5 The House of money and possessions!
- 6 The Mars in the 3rd house
- 7 The House communication!
- 8 The Mars in the 4th house
- 9 The House of Home!
- 10 The Mars in the 5th house
- 11 The House creativity and pleasure!
- 12 The Mars in the 6th house
- 13 The House health and service!
- 14 The Mars in the 7th house
- 15 The House of partnerships!
- 16 The Mars in the 8th house
- 17 The House of sexuality!
- 18 The Mars in the 9th house
- 19 The House of philosophy and travel!
- 20 The Mars in the 10th house
- 21 The House of career or social status!
- 22 The Mars in the 11th house
- 23 The House of friendships!
- 24 The Mars in the 12th house
- 25 The House of subconscious!
- 26 Oh hi there 👋It’s nice to meet you.
- 27 Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every month.
Statement that represents the Mars – I act!
Mars is the planet of physical energy. It governs your sex drive, your forcefulness and your aggression. Mars is the exact opposite of Venus. It is connected with our desires for emotional, physical, mental and spiritual things that stimulate activity. The Mars in houses in your natal chart indicates your vitality, energy level, and style of action. A controlled Mars can give a healthy dose of ambition. At its worst, its energy gives anger, destructive violence, impulsive behavior. Also, Mars brings danger and every kind of cruelty. Whether this energy will be expressed positively or negatively depends on the sign of Mars, and aspects to it.
Interpretations for the Mars in each zodiac sign are available here: The Mars in the zodiac signs
The Mars in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Mars in the 1st house – you have an abundance of physical vitality. You may become reckless and impulsive, because of this energy. Also, you may experience cuts and burns on your head and face. People with Mars in 1st house are assertive, independent , impatient and want to do their own thing. They have strong organizing ability. Also are self-confident.. They may be subject to higher than normal fevers. Mars gives them strong and muscular look. They are probably stronger than their same-sex relatives. Above all, they will not just watch their life pass by. They are people of action. Mars in the first house creates energetic, ambitious, hard-working and competitive people. Women with this placement are competitive. In other words, this allows them to achieve success in traditionally male occupations. In conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 1st House: Firstly, native has a highly energetic and dynamic personality. Secondly, they yearn for Independence and are quite straightforward.
- Advice – Learn to rely on the patience of others to keep you from going too far too fast.
- Positive features for Mars in 1st House: Unstoppable, Enthusiastic, Direct, Fast, Leader, Adventurous
- Negative features for Mars in 1st House: Impulsive, Rash, Impatient, Bully, Dominating
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: Richard Gere, Bill Clinton, Nicki Minaj, Angela Merkel, Ayrton Senna, Winston Churchill
The Mars in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Mars in the 2nd house – If you have Mars in the 2nd House, much energy and action will be expended with respect to money, personal possessions and resources. Above all, you have trouble controlling your spending habits. You are often an impulsive shopper. So, saving money is not your strength. But, you should try to improve your savings ability. Money may come and go in order to de-emphasize its importance. So, concentrate on developing your talents instead. People with this placement have energy that drives them to make money. But, at the same time forces them to spend everything they earn. These people are competitive in business. They often run their own business. They are not afraid of taking risks in business area. In conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 2nd House: Firstly, Mars elevates the native’s desire to travel. Secondly, this person wants to always lead and be the one to always in-charge of things. This is why Mars in the third house can produce very rude and selfish leaders.
- Advice – You need to learn to control their financial situation. Also, take the time you need to recharge and come back even stronger. While you hate taking breaks, it’s necessary to ensure you don’t burn yourself out on trivial matters.
- Positive features for Mars in 2nd House: Meticulous, Hard-Working, Serious, Careful, Patient, Aesthetic
- Negative features for Mars in 2nd House: Materialistic, Frugal, Rigid, Possessive, Meddling, Stubborn
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Will Smith, Michael Jordan, Sting, Bob Dylan, Cher, Princess Stephanie of Monaco
The Mars in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Mars in the 3rd house – You are restless, high-strung and have an abundance of nervous energy. Above all, you have an intense belief in your own ideas. Also, you are alert, determined and enthusiastic. You possess an abundance of mental energy. There can be problems with siblings or neighbors. Also, there will be many short journeys. Energy is expended in neighborhood activities. Mars in the third house suggests aggressive and active intellect. They are direct and sharp. Also, they tend to cause conflicts in their family. They often criticize the personal shortcomings of others. Developing analytical thinking is important, as impulsive thinking will bring difficulties. In conclusion, they are always in a hurry and they are very competitive.
- Typical effects of Mars in 3th House: Firstly, these people are very active and healthy. Secondly, It is extremely important for the natives to have a partner who’d listen to them.
- Advice – Try to find that balance between your heart and your head. Also, make sure to keep your intentions focused on teaching. Spread ideas over the flair in which you convey them.
- Positive features for Mars in 3rd House: Communicative, Knowledgeable, Direct, Bold, Enthusiastic
- Negative features for Mars in 3rd House: Brash, Controversial, Overbearing, Melodramatic
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Zinedine Zidane, Pope Francis, Patrick Swayze, Mark Zuckerberg, Victor Hugo, Elton John
The Mars in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Mars in the 4th house – there is an early striving for independence, security and a home of your own. There may be tension or antagonism in your family. You are too demanding of those closest to you. You must overcome your hidden antagonisms. Mars points the energy in the home of these people. They aggressively seek security and are often very patriotic. They often avoid marriage. These people may engage themselves in ecological activities. These people usually have an excellent health that they maintain until old age. In conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 4th House – Firstly, these people are very active and healthy. Secondly, these people are extremely close to their families. Also, they are very protective of them.
- Advice – Your strong emotions must be toned down and controlled. Go out and do some running to work off the excess energy.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Mars in 4th House: Concerned, Compassionate, Instinctive
- Negative features for Mars in 4th House: Melodramatic, Fierce, Controlling, Angry, Melodramatic, Manipulative
- Famous people with this placement: Cary Grant, Agatha Christie, Walt Disney, Chuck Norris, Dalai Lama, Shahrukh Khan
The Mars in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!
- If you have the Mars in the 5th house – there is a desire to be creative. You will expend much energy in creative work. Also, you may be a gambler, a risk-taker or a speculator. You love sport and enterprising and like to have a good time. Attraction to and from the opposite gender is fairly certain. Much energy will be directed toward dating and romance. Mars in this house suggests that these people spend a lot of energy on hedonistic and romantic adventures. Their behavior in romantic relationships is vigorous and they may be prone to jealousy. They may be quite extravagant, strange or foolish. Also, they love spending time on activities with children.
- Typical effects of Mars in 5th House: Firstly, Mars will make the native very active and energetic and they lead a sturdy and vigorous lifestyle. Secondly, they consider romance as a creative and artistic expression. Mars needs freedom and does not accept a life captured in four walls.
- Advice – Be honest about what you’re thinking and feeling, and other people will be more upfront with you about their ideas and emotions..
- Positive features for Mars in 5th House: Concerned, Compassionate, Instinctive
- Negative features for Mars in 5th House: Fierce, Controlling, Angry, Melodramatic, Manipulative
- Ruling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Cary Grant, Agatha Christie, Walt Disney, Chuck Norris, Dalai Lama, Shahrukh Khan
The Mars in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Mars in the 6th house – you are industrious, efficient, tireless, dynamic and active in work. Also you have a tendency towards irritation and impatience with co- workers and employees who lack these qualities. You are minded with vitality and recuperative powers. You tend to have higher fevers than normal, when you are ill. Also, there is a danger of burns, scalds and accidents sustained in the course of work. Many of these may happen because of impulse and impatience. Mars suggests a energetic worker who is not afraid of hard work. Above all, they hate lazy co-workers. But, they tend to be aggressive and their aggressive behavior can cause problems at work. They usually stand in the middle of conflicts and strikes. The Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 6th House: Firstly, native is vulnerable to losses by fire and is prone to wounds and burns. Secondly, Mars in this house blesses the native with good results in profession, marriage, authority, status and reputation.
- Advice – Other people love you and want to spend time with you. So, you owe them your love and respect. Bring them into the spotlight once in a while and watch them shine.
- Positive features for Mars in 6th House: Active, Fun-Loving, Competitive, Challenging, Exciting, Boisterous, Infectious
- Negative features for Mars in 6th House: Brash, Bully, Manipulative, Hurtful, Restless
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: Jennifer Lopez, James Dean, Charles Manson, Pamela Anderson, Mel Gibson, Zayn Malik
The Mars in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Mars in the 7th house – you are independent and like to have things go in your own way .You need to learn how to cooperate with others. Relationships energize you and you get a great deal of stimulation from them. You want an active partner. Your partner needs to challenge you and perhaps compete with you. The competition between you and your partner might better be directed towards the outer world.
- In all your dealings with others you enjoy the element of challenge and competition. Above all, the chase is important to you, perhaps more important than the end result. Your marriage partner is likely to be very ardent, positive, active, capable and courageous, with a will of their own. So, the partner you seek is someone who can play the role of a champion. The tendency is to marry early, often as a result of love at first sight. There may be strife and friction in marriage as a result of the partner’s hasty temper, extravagance, intolerance, over-demanding attitude. In order to get the best results from marriage and partnership, you should try to be as cooperative and easy-going as possible. Practice gentleness and diplomacy. In conclusion, Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 7th House: Firstly, Mars in the seventh house often means trouble in marriage. Secondly, this position suggests competitive people who are not very tactful.
- Advice – If someone starts an argument with you, try listening to their point of view first. Listen before jumping in and playing devil’s advocate. You may surprise yourself .
- Positive features for Mars in 7th House: Energetic, Fiery, Quick, Active, Adventurous, Creative
- Negative features for Mars in 7th House: Scatterbrained, Restless, Argumentative, Aggressive
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Lady Gaga, Albert Einstein, Rihanna, Adolf Hitler, Charlie Chaplin, Isaac Newton, Amitabh Bachchan
The Mars in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Mars in the 8th house –there is energy, desire and enthusiasm for research, for getting to the heart of things and uncovering secrets. Mars suggests a person who has a talent for searching information in more or less any field. There are financial problems, probably through a partner. Also, there may be financial benefit through marriage or inheritance. Above all, there is a need to share willingly of personal resources in any cooperative relationship. There may be interest in healing or surgery. They are experts who are able to find solutions that require research. They need love in their life and they have a strong sexual urge. The Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 8th House: Firstly, native will have a dominant nature. This placement also shows the gains after marriage. Also, natives are likely to earn a good amount of money.
- Advice – Not everything has to be so intense to be meaningful. Sometimes you have to go with the flow to enjoy what is around you.
- Positive features for Mars in 8th House: Instinctive, Mysterious, Insatiable, Independent, Intense
- Negative features for Mars in 8th House: Secretive, Vulnerable, Hidden, Possessive, Grudgeful
- Ruling Planet: Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: Marilyn Monroe, Steve Jobs, Sylvester Stallone, Beethoven, Abraham Lincoln, Lindsay Lohan
The Mars in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Mars in the 9th house –your mind is enthusiastic, but restless. Your religious zeal must be controlled so that it doesn’t turn into fanaticism. These people adhere to their principles and strongly advocate their opinions. Above all, you have strong opinions and are happy to tell anyone who will listen. You have a strong desire to travel physically and mentally. You have a liberal and progressive philosophy about life. There is a possibility of strife with in-laws. You will fight for your convictions. You usually easily convince others about the correctness of your opinions. If you are not successful in doing what you do, you become impatient and get angry easily. In conclusion, Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 9th House: Firstly, natives are fond of travelling and adventures. But, with it comes the danger of reckless risks. Native has to be very careful in legal matters. Secondly, Mars creates lots of disagreement with their teachers and especially their father.
- Advice – Do not automatically dismiss someone who has a different opinion from you. Especially when it comes to romance.
- Positive features for Mars in 9th House: Straightforward, Firm, Open-Minded, Social, Playful, Kind, Humorous
- Negative features for Mars in 9th House: Blunt, Chaotic, Racing, Cocky
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods, Kate Winslet, Madonna, Hillary Clinton, Salman Khan, Zac Efron
The Mars in the 10th house
- If you have the Mars in the 10th house –you have an ambitious, enthusiastic nature with lots of energy. You have good executive ability and organizational skills. You want to lead and show the way. Success comes through your own work. You do best in an occupation with variety. Also, you are practical and results oriented. There may be some difficulty with one of your parents or superiors at work. In other words, It is a powerful position that does not suggests a participatory attitude towards others. They are usually people with leadership skills. The Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 10th House: Firstly, native will be very hard working and his only goal of life will be to reach the heights of his profession. Secondly, they will have an enthusiastic and active nature.
- Advice – Be careful that your need for validation doesn’t get in the way of finding that special someone. Not everyone is as concerned with status as you are.
- Positive features for Mars in 10th House: Serious, Focused, Successful, Meticulous, Slow, Planned, Reliable, Responsible
- Negative features for Mars in 10th House: Rigid, Cold, Calculating, Hardened, Sarcastic
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Shakira, Eminem, Uma Thurman, Vincent Van Gogh, Cindy Crawford, Frank Sinatra, Ricky Martin
The Mars in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Mars in the 11th house – you have strong desires and wishes, social leadership ability and many energetic and enterprising friends. You put a lot of energy into your friendships. Friends can take advantage of you. Active participation in group activities suits you well. Leadership within the group also appeals to you. Mars suggests people who like to help others. Above all, they have an excellent ability to encourage others to do some charity work. They can get into trouble even though they are very diligent and hardworking, because they are somewhat rebellious and independent. In conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 11th House Mars in this house assures one’s effort towards earning an income or livelihood for self and the family. Also, this house is a strong indicator of sudden income through lotteries, sudden wealth and profits.
- Advice – If you want to improve someone’s life, start with yours first.
- Positive features for Mars in 11th House: Humanitarian, Brainstorming, Inspirational, Helpful
- Negative features for Mars in 11th House: Unpredictable, Quirky, Racing, Overwhelming
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Roger Federer, Stalin, Michael Douglas, Meg Ryan, Shania Twain, Napoleon, Oprah Winfrey
The Mars in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Mars in the 12th house –you may have intense emotional reactions, repressed desires and paranoia. People may sense this. There can be trouble through slander or with secret enemies. You need to overcome deep, hidden, inner resentments. Above all, You feel loneliness. Your energy should be directed toward gaining an understanding of the meaning of life. Also, you should use energy for the development of harmony and oneness with humanity. Above all, they like to work alone and they are secretive at work. A love of working behind the scenes makes them effective in getting the job done. These people feel that they have a mission. But they do not tell others about their goals. In conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident.
- Typical effects of Mars in 12th House: Mars in this house indicate difficulties in expressing one’s anger and aggressive emotions. So, the native will try to remain reserved.
- Advice – It’s time to stop fantasizing about what you want. Start taking about the steps necessary to bring it to life.
- Positive features for Mars in 12th House: Confident, Dreamer, Intuitive, Open-Minded, Expressive,
- Negative features for Mars in 12th House: Passive-Aggressive, Immature, Chaotic,
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Heath Ledger, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, William Shakespeare, Donald Trump
The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope. in conclusion, the Mars in houses will encourage you to have power and be confident. Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in.
Ask AstroTarot AI astrologer
Talk with our AstroTarot AI astrologer (powered by OpenAI) and ask anything about your horoscopes, astrology, tarot, and numerology.
The AstroTarot AI astrologer can give horoscopes based on birthdate (Data are not recorded). The AstroTarot AI astrologer can provide love horoscopes, weekly horoscopes, monthly horoscopes, numerology analysis, and tarot readings. Make the most detailed free natal chart and discuss results with AstroTarot AI astrologer.
Ask the AstroTarot AI astrologer directly, just as you would ask a real person. Answers will amaze and surprise you.
AstroTarot - Your Window to the Future!
Check out AstroTarot's Recommended Products, or make your personalized horoscope and natal chart with our most detailed free natal chart. If you like it, share this article freely with a link to the source.