The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. The houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. The houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. So, the houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses. The Moon in the houses interpretation is important to realize our emotions and instincts.
Statement that represents the Moon – I feel!
The Moon is as important as the Sun in your natal chart. It represents your emotional nature and instinctive reactions. The Moon describes the way you behave in instances in which you haven’t had time to think things through. In other words, it describes your immediate emotional responses. The Moon is also a symbol of fertility and femininity. The Moon is constantly waxing and waning, from new Moon to full Moon and back. The house position of the Moon in your natal chart shows the area of life where you tend to be the most emotional.
Interpretations for the Sun in each zodiac sign are available here: The Moon in the zodiac signs
The Moon in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Moon in the 1st house – If you have the Moon in the 1st house, moodiness and changeability are words for you. These emotions can bring on much hesitancy and insecurity. You are sensitive. Also, you worry too much over what people might think or say about you. Develop self-confidence and the courage to be different. And, don’t let it get to you. You can be very sensitive to your environment. So, do not go to places that might bring up bad memories in you. Your sub-conscious is very strong and sometimes quite unmanageable. In other words, be less sensitive to the slights of the people around you. Stay positive. People with the Moon in the 1st house, can be quite restless and impulsive.
- Your mother perhaps affected you greatly during your childhood. Some of your strengths and many of your weaknesses are due to this. In other words, her influence is strong. Both for good or ill. Also, try to find something that allows you to express your own uniqueness. Find something that you can really put your heart into. Without that deep emotional connection you will go through the motions.The Moon in the houses interpretation is important to realize our emotions and instincts.
- Typical effects of Moon in 1st House: These people are sensitive, changing and adaptable. They respond to the opinions of others and are easily influenced. Also, they are often unstable and uncertain of what to do. These people have motherly and feminine qualities. They are nurses type of people.
- Advice – Forget about pleasing everyone because it can’t be done and instead focus on doing your best.
- Positive features for Moon in 1st House: Emotional, Nurturing, Caring, Intense, Spiritual, Friendly, Aware
- Negative features for Moon in 1st House: Moody, Biased, Overemotional, Unstable, Overbearing
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: Lionel Messi, Walt Disney, Francois Mitterrand, Kate Winslet, Jay-Z
The Moon in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Moon in the 2nd house –You want and need to possess both money and possessions, for your emotional security. In other words, your feelings and emotional well-being are connected with your material resources. Changes will occur in your financial situation. You alternate between being thrifty and careless with money. You need a work that allows public view, or working with women. Also, you should be within the public’s view while working. This may not entail working with the public directly. You feel as if you need to be seen while working. You identify yourself with your work. So,your ideas of how successful you are as a person are directly tied in with the success you feel at your work environment. Moon in the second house is also related to the vocal talent of the native. They make great songwriters and singers. The Moon in the houses interpretation is important to realize our emotions and instincts.
- Typical effects of Moon in 2nd House: Firstly money and material matters are important for these people, because their sense of emotional security is dependent on them. Secondly, finances are often changeable which can lead to strong emotional reactions around money. Touch their money and you’ll see what we mean.
- Advice – Don’t get too caught up invalidating your image, or else you may lose your true sense of self. Learn what is most important to you and spend your emotional energy on that.
- Positive features for Moon in 2nd House: Generous, Secure, Logical, Rational, Trustworthy, Aesthetic
- Negative features for Moon in 2nd House: Frugal, Cold, Deliberate, Detached, Guilty, RemorsefulRuling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Brad Pitt, Drew Barrymore, Christina Aguilera, John Travolta, Coco Chanel, Sophia Loren, Mike Tyson
The Moon in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Moon in the 3rd house – You possess intellectual curiosity. Also, you may well express your true feelings through speech, poetry or writing. There is a strong need for communication and for gathering information. You have a fine sense of humor. In other words, you like to joke and play around. Also, you love traveling, because it affords new opportunities for learning. Routine of any kind bores you. In other words, you are constantly looking for variety. Your ideas change at a moment’s notice. So, you are forever flexible and adaptable to any situation. Learning is better accomplished through listening rather than reading. Concerning vocation: the emphasis is on communication and information exchange. Your personality reacts to information. These people look for somebody who they can learn from. Somebody who can provide them with wisdom, knowledge and philosophy.
- Typical effects of Moon in 3rd House: Firstly, these people are intellectually inquiring and have an emotional desire for mental growth. Their mind is full of all kinds of details and facts. Secondly, they love to travel searching for new things. Third house Moon people are restless souls.
- Advice – Try to find that balance between your heart and your head. That will happen as you get older and gain more experience.
- Positive features for Moon in 3rd House: Curious, Responsive, Interactive, Intellectual, Rational
- Negative features for Moon in 3rd House: Nervous, Restless, Unpredictable, Overemotional
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Adolf Hitler, Dalai Lama, Elvis Presley, Napoleon I, Heath Ledger
The Moon in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Moon in the 4th house – There is a strong sense of family and home with this position. A love of antiques grounds you to your roots. Also, security is very important to you. You seem to get that through your foundations, your home, family and parents. Also, you are interested in things like antiques or your family tree. You love to collect things. They serve you as reminders of the past which you try too hard to hold on to. Many changes of residence can occur until you find your personal foundation or roots. One or both parents have a strong influence in your life. Maybe working in your home would be most fulfilling. Or maybe you simply need to make your place of work very homey, using photographs, mementos, to establish the most personal atmosphere. You need a sense of security and comfort while working. The natives are very attached to their mother. In other words, their entire life’s principles and beliefs are based on their mother’s teachings.
- Typical effects of Moon in 4th House – Moon in the fourth house means a strong connection with home. These people have the need to feel a connection with the past. They are always trying to improve the conditions of their home. Both physically and emotionally. Attachments to past, traditions and family are strong.
- Advice – Firstly, It’s important for you to learn to stand on your own two feet. Secondly, you must think for yourselves outside of the tribe.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Moon in 4th House: Emotional, Nostalgic, Multi-tasking, Traditional
- Negative features for Moon in 4th House: Restless, Confused, Unsettled
- Famous people with this placement: Will Smith, Marlon Brando, Prince, Frank Sinatra, Alfred Hitchcock, Alanis Morissette
The Moon in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!.
- If you have the Moon in the 5th house – Romances and attachments to children can be emotional. There is a constant search for pleasure and emotional self-expression. Activities concerning children are obvious. Too much attention may be placed upon having a good time and being the center of attention. These people are often somewhat trusting. So, they have to watch out for bad advice regarding financial and other risky matters.
- There are mood swings and fickleness in love affairs. Above all, you have a strong desire to feel loved and important. That may need to be controlled. You are a pleasure-seeking person. Fluctuating emotions may interfere with your creativity. Creative and theatric dimensions of the work needs are increased. Teaching and taking care of children are emphasized. This placement often produces creative individuals, creative in the different fields like, in art, writing poetry, scripts, acting, painting. They are not the most reliable partner, unless they have plenty of fixed signs in the chart.
- Typical effects of Moon in 1st House: Firstly, you are attached to children, whether they’re your own or not. Your creative hobbies are subject to relatively frequent changes. Secondly, you can not hide your instinctive emotional reactions to people or situations. The Moon in the houses interpretation is important to realize our emotions and instincts.
- Advice – Learn to settle down and prioritize what you want out of life. That will help to curb your more destructive tendencies.
- Positive features for Moon in 5th House: Magnetic, Intense, Dynamic, Nurturing, Enthusiastic, Ingenious
- Negative features for Moon in 5th House: Impulsive, Attached, Dramatic, Overbearing, Bully, Spendthrift
- Ruling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Lady Gaga, Grace Kelly, Picasso, Mother Teresa, Bob Dylan
The Moon in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Moon in the 6th house – You are considerate of fellow workers and desire to nurture them in a productive work environment. You love to serve others and this is a fine outlet for your personality. But, moodiness and sensitivity can be a problem. Fluctuations in health are possible, mostly due to worry and feelings of insecurity. Emotional tension indicates the need to relax. In other words, you must stop worrying. You should not eat when overworked, overtired, or when you are upset. So, take care of your health and watch your diet. You are often totally absorbed within your work situation. In other words, you can be a workaholic. Many job changes are possible. Also, working with the public or with women is indicated. This is one of the most difficult places for the moon. This placement generally causes an unpleasant relationship with your mother.
- Typical effects of Moon in 6th House: The Moon in the sixth house indicates reliable people. They provide services to others. Also, they are restless and they go through many changes in life. The state of health will often fluctuate. Especially when there is emotional stress.
- Advice – No one is perfect, including you. That knowledge will help you overcome your inhibitions. You can still do good deeds for others. But, just make sure to keep your happiness a high priority as well.
- Positive features for Moon in 6th House: Productive, Emotional, Stimulated, Sympathetic, Instinctive, Affectionate
- Negative features for Moon in 6th House: Chaotic, Restless, Oversensitive, Bossy, Irritating
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: David Bowie, Uma Thurman, Rafael Nadal, Paul McCartney, Richard Gere
The Moon in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Moon in the 7th house – You attract sensitive people as partners, perhaps those who want to “mother” you or be mothered. There can be many changes of partners and many relationships. In other words, you have the need to find someone who can bring an ultimate security. This search for right partner continues. Because, security can only be found within, not without. Your feelings are influenced by those with whom you are in close personal contact. You want to be popular. You are inclined to seek partners who can bring out your sympathetic side. For men there is a tendency to seek a “mother figure”. Therefore, you are likely to attract a partner who is kind and domesticated.
- More than one marriage is possible. There is a compelling emotional need for a partner and for marriage. In order to get the best results from any partnership you must learn to control any tendency to be at the mercy of your moods. Perhaps marriage is essential to give clear focus to work security. Above all, you are dependent upon others for the fulfillment of work needs.
- Typical effects of Moon in 7th House: The process of relationships is extremely important. Above all, they do not like to be alone. Even the introverts with this placement enjoy having people around them. They risk becoming overly dependent on others. In some cases, they may seek a mother or father figure for a partner.
- Advice – Try to control a tendency to be too dependent on others for your emotional stimuli and you should discipline a constant desire for changes in the nature of the relationship.
- Positive features for Moon in 7th House: Loving, Balanced, Supportive, Adapatable, Social
- Negative features for Moon in 7th House: Unsure, Skeptical, Scared, Dependent, Clouded,
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Sean Penn, Cher, Jane Fonda, Pope Francis, Victoria Beckham
The Moon in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Moon in the 8th house – You desire security and look for it through other people’s possessions or resources. Also, you have self-doubt and worry. You may be subject to jealousy, envy and possessiveness. Above all, these people are extremely thrifty. They have a strong sense of responsibility towards others. Also, they are likely to engage in a movement that will be for the general good of humanity. These people love taking others emotional burden upon them. That can lead them towards the healing field such as being occultist, nurses, doctors.
- Psychic sensitivity is noticeable and psychic abilities can be developed, hopefully along positive lines. There may be financial gain through a partnership, business or through marriage. You are intrigued by what motivates others. Preoccupation with sex or death can exist for you. Work involving reform, transformation, rehabilitation, mystery, psychology or research work appeals to you.
- Typical effects of Moon in 8th House: The Moon in the 8th produces a sensitive, psychic nature. Emotional intimacy in relationships is a must. You are always fascinated with how people work, taboos, secrets. You love all that is forbidden or hidden. The Moon in the houses interpretation is important to realize our emotions and instincts.
- Advice – Not everything has to be so intense to be meaningful. Sometimes you have to go with the flow to enjoy what is around you.
- Positive features for Moon in 8th House: Wholehearted, Emotional, Mysterious, Focussed, Loyal, Protective
- Negative features for Moon in 8th House: Pushy, Jealous, Possessive, Bored, Perilous, Stifling
- Ruling Planet: Mars, Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: Orlando Bloom, Cristiano Ronaldo, Sigmund Freud, Bill Clinton, Nostradamus
The Moon in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Moon in the 9th house –You are a dreamer and muse about the higher aspects of life. The Moon in the ninth house creates an understanding and imaginative mind. These people are great dreamers and thinkers. Since you may not be content with the way your life currently is going, you have the desire to search for fresh fields. This search may take you on many long travels, both physically and mentally. Your philosophy of life is what nurtures you and gives you security. Also, You have a variety of interests, in sports, hobbies and studies. You may have precognitive dreams. Issues regarding foreign travel, relocation, even citizenship change are important dimensions to consider in the quest for work conditions that will bring personal success. The Moon gives these people inner self-determination, which gives them the energy to lead and direct those who lack the same degree of awareness.
- Typical effects of Moon in 9th House: Firstly, the native develops high spiritual and moral values. Secondly, You’re a natural philosopher, able to make connections across many disciplines and cultures.
- Advice – Trying to avoid the attitude that “the grass is greener on the other side” will be important.
- Positive features for Moon in 9th House: Philosophical, Inquisitive, Intellectual, Curious, Learned
- Shadow features for Moon in 9th House: Wandering, Restless, Unsatisfied
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Tom Cruise, Jodie Foster, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Kanye West, Joseph Stalin
The Moon in the 10th house
The House of career or social status!
- If you have the Moon in the 10th house –what others think is very important to you. A desire for achievement can dominate your feelings. You like to have a good reputation and you yearn for recognition. Also, You may hold a public position managing or dealing with change, women or publicity. You have a personal charisma which helps you to influence others. Many changes of career are possible. The Moon in the tenth house gives prerequisites for professions in the area of sales, services or any other profession that requires contact with the public. You feel a need to be socially useful to society. If they are involved in politics, they can be excellent politicians who do their best to take care of their community. This is also a great placement for actors or performers. Above all, your emotions must be controlled.
- Typical effects of Moon in 10th House: Natives crave recognition. The mother may have an important influence in their ambitions. This placement can indicate many career changes due to the individual’s need for emotional satisfaction.
- Advice – Do not be too hard on yourself. Also,you can be so concerned with what other people think of you that you’ve lost all sense of how you perceive yourself.
- Positive features for Moon in 10th House: Charismatic, Structured, Responsible, Caring, Organized, Shadow Keywords for Moon in 10th House: Worrying, Materialistic, Rigid, Inflexible
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Celine Dion, Adele, Bill Gates, Mahatma Gandhi, Salman Khan, Ricky Martin
The Moon in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Moon in the 11th house – popularity with women often comes with this position. Many of your friends will be female. You enjoy working for the good of the group instead of just your own good. The feeling of belonging to a group increases your feelings of security. In other words, If you feel you do not “belong”, then negative emotions surface that all basically have to do with your own needs for security.
- Humanitarian projects are important to you as you can develop your nurturing instincts with or for the group. You are responsive to the feelings of others. Friends may help get the job, make the job rewarding and will endure after the job is done. Also, a friend’s advice about work opportunity or direction is more important than that of a professional counselor. The native gains through elder siblings and have a great attachment with them. Above all, you are a person who is filled with many dreams, wishes, and hopes for your future. So, most of these natives are altruistic and good-hearted desires.
- Typical effects of Moon in 11th House These people have a wide circle of friends, particularly women. Also, they are very popular. They know how to affect the views of other people, especially the views of the public. Above all, Their sense of security depends on their personal relationships and their large number of friends.
- Advice – You will have to prioritize helping other people with their problems and taking care of your own. Also, take your life one day at a time, one activity at a time, and you will achieve the spiritual enlightenment you are looking for.
- Positive features for Moon in 11th House: Changeable, Friendly, Idealistic, Dedicated, Emotional, Visionary
- Negative features for Moon in 11th House: Moody, Unstable, Chaotic, Combative
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Patrick Swayze, Lindsay Lohan, Bruce Lee, Justin Bieber, Oscar Wilde, Sonia Gandhi
The Moon in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Moon in the 12th house – This placement indicates work behind the scenes in an institution, hospital or jail. Conscious or subconscious sensitivity can be damaging if not held in check. The Moon in the twelfth house creates loners. Those people sometimes have the need to move away from everyday life. There may be dealings with public welfare or those unfortunates of life. You often feel some sort of cross to bear, which others may not be aware of and many troubles may occur. Also, secret enemies may try to take advantage of you. Through suffering comes obedience. They are easily influenced. In other words, they react on subtle influences of the environment. It shows somebody who’s mind is always into some other realm, some other universe away from where they live.
- Your mother may be of great distress to you. Serving others is the safest, road to God. Teach to others what you have learned through your own suffering. So, the personality is hidden and may be limited and confined. In work, these conditions are preferred in order to provide maximum security and comfort to the personality.
- Typical effects of Moon in 12th House: These people usually do not find emotional stability in personal relationships. In other words, they often feel lonely. They are not able to express themselves well because their emotions are often confused.
- Advice – This is not an easy placement for the Moon but if the individual works on understanding their emotions. They can find a healthy way to express them. So, Occasional sabbaticals or therapy do these sensitive people a lot of good.
- Positive Keywords for Moon in 12th House: Attached, Sensitive, Perceptive, Intuitive, Responsible
- Shadow Keywords for Moon in 12th House: Confused, Over-Imaginative, Daydreaming
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement: Lenny Kravitz, Greta Garbo, Yves Saint Laurent, Bach, Ayrton Senna, Bob Marley
The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope. Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in.
Originally posted 2020-06-20 10:50:00.