The 12 Houses of astrology are arranged on a circle-shaped wheel. The wheel of Houses is based on our Earth’s 24-hour rotation about its own axis. The Sun in houses has the major influence on natal chart. The 12 Houses of astrology are symbolic of the all the departments that make up human life. The houses are not “energies” like the elements or planets, nor do they color the expression of energies like the zodiac signs do. In other words, the houses are where these energies are most likely to manifest. The houses are the fields of experience, not the experience themselves. The most important houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses.
Statement that represents the Sun – I am!
The Sun represents your ego, the inner you, the unchanging part of you. So, it is here to remind us to keep ourselves centered and be true to our innermost goals. It is the I-maker,. In other words, the Sun is the donor of individuality. As life evolves, a person becomes more and more associated with his solar sign or birth sign. Below, you can read the Sun in the houses interpretation.
Interpretations for the Sun in each zodiac sign are available here: The Sun in the zodiac signs
The Sun in the 1st house
The House of self!
- If you have the Sun in the 1st house – You are important to yourself. But, It’s not that you do not care about others, but it is just that your work is very important to you. You want to be noticed for who and what you are. Also, you may want to lead or be in a position of dominance. Above all, you will feel at your best when you make a mark on the world. But, you should avoid obsessing over what others think of you. Accept that you need to be a leader and go for it. Very brave, positive and competitive, you develop natural leadership qualities. Your enthusiasm for life may manifest as robust health and vitality. There may be some tendency to pride and insolence at times.
- Typical effects of Sun in 1st House – Firstly, it grants the native with a spark and vibrancy. Secondly, native is filled with passion and positive energy; the native will be on good terms with the people in power and will be a respectful person, obedient to his father.
- Advice – Give proper credit to others for their contributions.
- Positive features for Sun in 1st House: Gregarious, dominating, leader, generous, encouraging, confident
- Negative features for Sun in 1st House: nervous, distracted, lost, pushy and boastful
- Ruling Planet of the house -Mars
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Famous people with this placement: Freddie Mercury, Brad Pitt, Maria Callas, John Mayer Julie Andrews, Abraham Lincoln.
The Sun in the 2nd house
The House of money and possessions!
- If you have the Sun in the 2nd house – Money comes and goes easily. You are generous and ambitious, but can be extravagant and grasping. These people have the energy to achieve their personal goals, financial security and other material values. The Sun offers a strong sense of self. Part of your identity includes protecting the things you value the most. Your ego shines like the Sun. You wish to be financially secure to ensure you have everything you want. Above all, your strong moral beliefs and sense of ethics make you a great friend. You know you are logical and responsible. Also, you aren’t interested in gaudy baubles or glittering objects that don’t add anything but shine to a room. In other words, your focus is on what’s important to you. But, your loved ones are also at the top of the list. You care about their happiness and security as well.
- Typical effects of Sun in 2nd House: A strong desire for material possessions is a dominant motivating factor in your life.
- Advice – You must watch a tendency to be possessive of or “lord over” people and things.
- Positive features for Sun in 2nd House: Motivated, Talented, Resourceful, Nature Loving, Simple, Professional
- Negative features for Sun in 2nd House: Overbearing, Obsessive, Egoistic, Extravagant, Involved
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Famous people with this placement: Elvis Presley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Oprah Winfrey, Shahrukh Khan, Agatha Christie
The Sun in the 3rd house
The House communication!
- If you have the Sun in the 3rd house – They have talent for communicating and dealing with people. So, they can express themselves well and they are able to stay optimistic even under unfavorable circumstances. These people usually learn and mentally develop throughout their whole life. Knowledge is important to you. Above all, you enjoy passing on the knowledge you have gained. Although you are open to new ideas, there may be the desire for scientific proof before anything can be believed. Patience may also need developing. Misunderstandings can occur with siblings or neighbors. Above all, you have a strong desire to learn and this may take you on many short journeys. Also, you need to communicate and there may be writing or speaking abilities. You need activity and a change of scenery often, or you feel restless. In other words, your curiosity is endless.
- Typical effects of Sun in 3th House: Firstly, it grants the native with a communication skills; Secondly, native is filled with passion and positive energy; the native will be on good terms with the people in power. The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – Pride and intellectual domination are something you need to work on.
- Positive features for Sun in 3rd House: Amiable, Loving, Friendly, Youthful, Energetic and Original
- Negative features for Sun in 3rd House: Know-It-All, Interfering and Show-Off
- Ruling Planet: Mercury
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Famous people with this placement: Russell Crowe, Stephen King, Elton John, Winston Churchill and Edgar Allan Poe,
The Sun in the 4th house
The House of Home!
- If you have the Sun in the 4th house – you desire to build strong inner and outer foundations. But, you may have the wish to retreat from society when life becomes difficult. There is pride in the home and that is where you want to shine and show your creativity. That is where you can be the real you. You want to be king of your castle. Above all, you have strong roots in your home and you love security. These people have a strong urge to protect the traditions. The Sun also causes interest in land, ecology and nature. You’re attracted to history, personal stories. So, placement of Sun in 4th house means that the native takes a lot of interests in matters concerning the domestic side of his or her life.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Typical effects of Sun in 1st House – They are more of introverted personalities and love being inside the home. These people usually find success later on in their life, because Sun is the vitality of your soul, the engine that fuels you and it’s not there when you were born.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – just don’t be too demanding at home. No one likes a dictator.
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Positive features for Sun in 4th House: Homely, Psychic, Nurturing, Poetic, Hard-Working, Calm and Practical
- Negative features for Sun in 4th House: Emotional, Controlling, Stubborn, Blinded and Defensive
- Famous people with this placement: Jennifer Anniston, Julia Roberts, Paul McCartney, Victor Hugo, Indira Gandhi, Bill Gates and Naomi Campbell.
The Sun in the 5th house
The House creativity and pleasure!.
- If you have the Sun in the 5th house – you have a desire to reveal your creativity, either constructively or destructively. You love all forms of creative self- expression, such as sports, books, acting, games and romance. Also, you have the ability to enjoy life and to give enjoyment to others. You have a tendency to be dictatorial or to take unnecessary risks. The Sun in the fifth house creates very creative people with a very strong desire for self-expression. The Sun in the fifth house gives people considerable amount of self-confidence. These people often focus on their own children or on children in general. So, they tend to spoil children.
- Typical effects of Sun in 1st House: Firstly, The native loves talking about politics, creativity, philosophy. Secondly, they want to be involved in creative aspects of life. They’re also great with kids. because they remember what it’s like to be one.
- Advice – Most importantly, make sure to slow down and assess the problem first before acting on it.
- Positive features for Sun in 5th House: Unique, Creative, Joyful, Disciplined, Successful, Boisterous
- Negative features for Sun in 5th House: Risky, Show-Off, Restless, Reckless, Incompetent
- Ruling Planet: Sun
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Famous people with this placement: Alexander McQueen, William Blake, Gustave Eiffel
The Sun in the 6th house
The House health and service!
- If you have the Sun in the 6th house – You’re motivated to be as healthy as possible, and can be diligent with diet and exercise. Worry and anxiety, especially over the desire to do things perfectly, can be detrimental to your health. You need to learn how to relax. the Sun here indicates pride in work. People with this placement want recognition for what they do. That’s because their identity is tied to their work. In other words, they need meaningful work or a place where they can express themselves fully. Crisis situations will develop, but you meet these with steady determination. The Sun in this house also indicates a need to overcome a weakness. Often this relates to health matters. Above all, you are incredibly responsible as you take all of your duties very seriously.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Typical effects of Sun in 1st House: when the Sun is in the 6th house, the only word you identify with is a perfectionist. Often you are too hard on yourself. It is essential for you to have a schedule and be on top of things at all times.
- Advice – Above all, be sure to avoid the perfectionism trap, and enjoy life and yourself as a work-in-progress.
- Positive features for Sun in 6th House: Regular, Systematic, Productive, Dedicated, Instinctive, Perfectionist
- Negative features for Sun in 6th House: Busybody, Egoistic, Stressed,
- Ruling Planet: Mercury, Chiron
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Famous people with this placement: Justin Timberlake, Muhammad Ali, Snoop Dogg
The Sun in the 7th house
The House of partnerships!
- If you have the Sun in the 7th house – you want a partner that you can be proud of. There may be a wish to marry who is higher on the social ladder. Your partner must be one who encourages you to be your real self. You must seek a relationship where both people are equal. People with Sun in the seventh house in their birth chart may even end up with more than one marriage. you feel a high moral obligation for everything to be fair. Above all, you always want justice. It’s much more important that you ate okay with yourself first, before you look toward anyone else for approval. In other words, only then you will be ready for any social situation, good or bad. Your half of the relationship starts with you.
- Typical effects of Sun in 7th House: Individuals with seventh house Suns put a lot of energy into relationships. But, that doesn’t always mean that they have a good relationships. The Sun here can be dominant and more “me” focused.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – Most importantly, allow the partner to shine as brightly as you do
- Positive features for Sun in 7th House: Finesse, Helpful, Wise, Collaboration. Fair, Balanced, Just
- Negative features for Sun in 7th House: Indecisive, Confused, Inflexible
- Ruling Planet: Venus
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Famous people with this placement: Adolf Hitler, Princess Diana, Miley Cyrus, Enrique Iglesias, Janet Jackson
The Sun in the 8th house
The House of sexuality!
- If you have the Sun in the 8th house –The Sun illuminates the qualities of the 8th house. In other words, those qualities are: knowledge of the deep, secretive things, confidential information, major ups and downs, drastic changes. It is hard for you to find satisfaction in common experiences. Above all, you have magnetic power if you choose to use it wisely. Perhaps you have the desire to have others take care of you using their personal possessions. The only place you are fully vulnerable is the bedroom, where you unleash all of your sexual power onto your partner. Your emotions are generally stable and usually are never portrayed outwardly. Above all, there is a striving for self-improvement. Finances are usually steady and there is the possibility of an inheritance. There is interest in mystical, occult and psychic realms.
- Typical effects of Sun in 8th House: Firstly, native is filled with passion and mysticism. Secondly, the native will be on good terms with the people in power. Every one of them has psychic power. They can penetrate the surface and see what’s happening underneath. So, they are amazing detectives.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – Most importantly, be prepared to relinquish some part of your life so that you may experience a rebirth on a higher level. Try a more optimistic view, and you may bring yourself to a higher level of consciousness.
- Positive features for Sun in 8th House: Intense, Transforming, Psychic, Inquisitive, Aware, Perceptive, Unusual
- Negative features for Sun in 8th House: Difficult, Unsatisfied, Mistrustful, Oversensitive, Egoistic
- Ruling Planet: Mars, Pluto
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Famous people with this placement: Prince, Edgar Cayce, Nelson Mandela, J.F. Kennedy, Salman Khan
The Sun in the 9th house
The House of philosophy and travel!
- If you have the Sun in the 9th house –You wish to understand, live and accept a higher ideal or philosophy. But, you may be one who insists upon scientific proof before anything can be believed. You can be the far- sighted thinker. Generally, there is a quest for truth and wisdom. You may have an aptitude for foreign languages and a love of foreign culture. You’re a natural philosopher, able to make connections across many disciplines. Travel may be part of your plan, and your circle of friends may span the globe, too. You are constantly searching for something to add to your existence. Lawyer, judges, Professors, religious priests are seen from this house. Above all, your ability to touch people’s lives is unmatched.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Typical effects of Sun in 9th House: Firstly, ego heightens. It is really hard to break this person’s ego. They tend to be optimistic and philosophical in their outlook. Learning new things is continuous process.Natives are Open minded, optimistic.
- Advice – Above all, be sure to avoid self-righteousness in your enthusiasm to share your knowledge. Also, you will have to put your ego aside and listen to the opposition once in a while.
- Positive features for Sun in 9th House: Learning, Loyal, Happy, Enduring, Curious, Improving, Adventurous
- Shadow features for Sun in 9th House: Lofty, Unworldly, Self-Righteous, Egoistic
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Famous people with this placement: Tom Cruise, Uma Thurman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Schumacher, Hugh JackmanAshton Kutcher.
The Sun in the 10th house
The House of career or social status!
- If you have the Sun in the 10th house – You have a desire to attain success and power. Also, you want to shine and be recognized for your accomplishments. You want to be really good at something. There is strong motivation towards succeeding in a career. You have the ability to inspire others through your example. Also, you are ambitious and self-aggrandized. People in high places can help or hinder your career. If your work is in politics or any leadership position, you will be successful. You will show a lot of pride, arrogance, and ambition in the material sense. In the future, you will find an extraordinary partner with a good social position with whom to share your life.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Typical effects of Sun in 10th House: Native is usually in an authoritative position. These people cannot stand a managerial or supervisory position.
- Advice – Most importantly, learn to slow down, even just a little. You spend so much time focused on your career that it often leaves very little room for anything else.
- Positive features for Sun in 10th House: Prodigy, Responsible, Balanced, Strong, Hardworking, Tireless
- Shadow Keywords for Sun in 10th House: Over-Ambitious, Loner, Egoistic, High Expectations
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Famous people with this placement: Donald Trump, Harrison Ford, Nostradamus, Napoleon I, Osama Bin Laden, Bernie Sanders.
The Sun in the 11th house
The House of friendships!
- If you have the Sun in the 11th house – You possess a desire to raise goals to a higher level. Also, you have a desire to seek ideas which would be of benefit for the group. You have the ability to make friends. In other words, they love influential and powerful friends. You enjoy your work with groups. People with this placement are responsible, liberal and broad-minded. They are humanitarians who would rather be popular than powerful. Also, you have organizing abilities. You are future-oriented and willing to work hard toward goals. People with this placement are humanitarians who aims to treat everyone as equals. So, social status is less important to you than belonging to a group of diverse personalities. But, native’s relation with his father may get unsteady and bitter but gets better towards the end, especially in case of women with the sun in 11th house.
- Typical effects of Sun in 11th House Firstly, this position gives strong inclination towards positions of being a representative and group leader. Secondly, natives also have strong recognition tendencies. The sun in the 11th house blesses the native with long life and a lot of wealth. The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – Most importantly, If you identify too much with your friendships and your friendliness, you may become too impersonal and alienate those who would like to get close to you.
- Positive features for Sun in 11th House: Unique, Humanitarian, Social, Helpful, Active, Enthusiastic and Rational.
- Negative features for Sun in 11th House: Unconventional, Eccentric, Quirky, Unusual and Know-It-All.
- Ruling Planet: Uranus, Saturn
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Famous people with this placement: Johnny Depp, Shakira, Vladimir Putin, Jimi Hendrix, Cher and Margaret Thatcher.
The Sun in the 12th house
The House of subconscious!
- If you have the Sun in the 12th house – There is the desire to serve others in this lifetime. At times, this is in direct conflict with a desire to seek seclusion from the world. Also, this life may be a contemplative life due to the need to reshape negative character traits from past lives. You have an awareness of the oneness of life. In other words, you have an empathy with sick or mentally disturbed people. You may develop clairvoyant powers and an interest in occult subjects. People with twelfth house Suns don’t need the glory of the public. In other words, they are introspective in nature. They make fine researchers, healers, and doctors. So, any career that allows them to put the good of others before themselves is a natural fit.
- Typical effects of Sun in 12th House: Above all,house helps the native make political international relations. The Sun here illuminates the native’s ability to see their hidden enemies, hidden talents.The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.
- Advice – Above all, be gentle with yourself, as you find your medium and a safe harbor for your sensitivity.
- Positive features for Sun in 12th House: Mystic, Creative, Artistic, Sensitive, Emotional, Selfless and Compassionate.
- Negative features for Sun in 12th House: Confused, Over-Imaginative and Daydreaming
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter, Neptune
- Ruling Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Famous people with this placement:Hugh Grant, Saddam Hussein, Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Cash and Roger Federer.
The analysis here offers just one portion of the entire image. We also got to see the position of other planets in the horoscope. Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in. The Sun in the houses interpretation i important to realize who we rely are.